Black-screen of doom upon launching the game.

Denzak

About an hour ago i decided to try out the Voltz modpack ( this was my first time using the technic launcher ) So i started it up, logged in, chose the Voltz modpack and launched the game.

At first everything seemed fine, the mods were downloading to the right folder but once the installation bit was done i was introduced to the blackscreen of doom.

Note: I am on MAC OS X 10.7.5 and i get the exact same error with the FTB mod launcher

Has anyone else here encountered the same problem? Is there a way to fix it?

I figured out why its not starting but not how to fix it...

Apparently the Technic launcher starts up and uses Java 7 and not Java 6 ( on mac minecraft doesn't work with java 7 )

So to fix it i would have to nuke Java 7 from orbit sadly i have a lot of other applications on my computer that runs only on Java 7 AND because of the general stupidity of MAC i can not un-install java, only delete the files that make it work.

But the launcher will still try to use Java 7 even tough it doesn't work.

So there is no way for me to fix this problem other than forcing the creators of the launcher to make them have the MAC launcher only run on java 6

This doesn't belong here. Please file a proper bug report. :)

ps... sorry if I was backseat modding D:

That was less backseat modding and more grab-the-wheel-and-push-the-driver-out-of-the-way modding, but it's all good. You have a baby face for a month, and the line is a little clearer to everyone else.