Solar Generator bug

Radien

When ever i place down a solar gen. and its not connected to wire it says Sun: False when clearly the sun is up. i installed Optifine and put the options to Time: Day only but that's not affecting anything. Can anyone help me with this bug/glitch

That's not a bug, that's a feature. There's no point of generating power if there's nothing to receive power.

Try sticking a battery in there.

well acctually it should still generate power, since it has a little bit of internal storage. At least the advanced one and pretty much every mekanism generator has that, would guess the standard solars do too.

But of course try connect the generator to some kind of battery and see if that solves it. Also, just a reminder which I suppose you' already knew, but you've made sure the generator has line of sight to the sky right?

well acctually it should still generate power, since it has a little bit of internal storage. At least the advanced one and pretty much every mekanism generator has that, would guess the standard solars do too.

But of course try connect the generator to some kind of battery and see if that solves it. Also, just a reminder which I suppose you' already knew, but you've made sure the generator has line of sight to the sky right?

Well it does have a line of sight to the sky and no glass no wire and not even the adv. ones work once I place it it says there is no sun when there is

Well it does have a line of sight to the sky and no glass no wire and not even the adv. ones work once I place it it says there is no sun when there is

weird :/ I guess you could try force update Voltz and see if that fixes it. Be aware of that all settings will get lost (power armor keyconfigs, waypoints etc).

weird :/ I guess you could try force update Voltz and see if that fixes it. Be aware of that all settings will get lost (power armor keyconfigs, waypoints etc).

Thx I will try that it's says please update the following mods and its on the latest version so thank you