No sounds in game

Dubya

Hello,

I am new to Technic. I just downloaded the platform and tried to load the Big Dig pack. It loaded the minecraft jar but then it didn't load the big dig zip. Then I tried to load Crourgecraft and Roots. Both of the packs loaded but I didn't have all the sounds. I had the wind from Matmos and some animal sounds, but no sounds when walking or punching wood, anything like that. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Dubya

If you just installed Minecraft in the new location (which you said you did), the \resources folder, which contains the sounds, slowly downloads over time - it's not installed with Minecraft. See if the sounds show up over the next couple/few hours.

If you just installed Minecraft in the new location (which you said you did), the \resources folder, which contains the sounds, slowly downloads over time - it's not installed with Minecraft. See if the sounds show up over the next couple/few hours.

Thanks. Yes, I just did install it and started playing. I was trying it out on my lunch hour so it probably didn't finish with the resources. I didn't realize it worked like that. I just assumed that when it downloaded the jar and the zip for the pack it was already loaded.

Thanks again.

Dubya

Thanks. Yes, I just did install it and started playing. I was trying it out on my lunch hour so it probably didn't finish with the resources. I didn't realize it worked like that. I just assumed that when it downloaded the jar and the zip for the pack it was already loaded.

Thanks again.

Dubya

User was warned for this post: Don't sign your posts.

How did you make the same mistake twice in the same thread with that big warning sign?

I just assumed that when it downloaded the jar and the zip for the pack it was already loaded.

This is true of any sounds that might come with mods, but the sounds for the vanilla game are not downloaded with the .jar, so you have to wait for those. I'd guess it's an easy way to get people started playing with a really small download, then follow up with sounds later.

This is true of any sounds that might come with mods, but the sounds for the vanilla game are not downloaded with the .jar, so you have to wait for those. I'd guess it's an easy way to get people started playing with a really small download, then follow up with sounds later.

Haha that's so bad. I was actually curious about this. Thanks for enlightening me. Oh Minecraft :allears:

Heh, yeah. You just downloaded it, everything quiet, you don't realize your headphones are cranked up, and then suddenly a cow is very interested in what you are doing and my god that leaf block is loud when you touch it and oh god walking hurts...

Are you for real? Seriously? Did you not just read anything above your post?

I did read the previous posts, I took their advice and waited. I checked back today and there was still no sound. By the way I'm not a troll I'm simply asking for help.

I did read the previous posts, I took their advice and waited. I checked back today and there was still no sound. By the way I'm not a troll I'm simply asking for help.

If you waited without playing, Minecraft isn't just going to spontaneously download stuff while it's not running. Also, you were called lazy mostly because you didn't say anything other than "it doesn't work, why?" - you were assumed not to have tried anything.

• 2 weeks later...

this is the most f!@# thing i've ever met. no sound after downloading a game? what the hell? it's like you buy skyrim and there are no dragons untill they download themselves in week or month.

goddammit, can some1 give old techniclauncher which doesn't have this problem?

this is the most f!@# thing i've ever met. no sound after downloading a game? what the hell? it's like you buy skyrim and there are no dragons untill they download themselves in week or month.

If it's dead let it remain that way...

You misunderstand. This isn't "our" fault. This is a recent change to Minecraft apparently.