Platoform URL not working

matty_mitch

You have to upload your pack to the Platform and get the URL from there. You can hide the pack if you don't want people to see it on the main list.

I have uploaded it, i have dropbox link in the place where it is but when i try use the platform URL it is just normal Minecraft 1.4.7

You just said you were trying to use the dropbox link for the platform URL... So now you're using the Platform URL that your launcher retrieves the pack from and it's Vanilla MC?

EDIT: I downloaded the modpack and I'm looking at it. For one, remove the minecraft.jar from the pack. It's an act of piracy to have it in your distributed pack, just a heads up.

You just said you were trying to use the dropbox link for the platform URL... So now you're using the Platform URL that your launcher retrieves the pack from and it's Vanilla MC?

EDIT: I downloaded the modpack and I'm looking at it. For one, remove the minecraft.jar from the pack. It's an act of piracy to have it in your distributed pack, just a heads up.

OK :) So will it work when i've done that?

Can you send me the Platform URL and I'll try running the pack?

No, I'm just stating that adding the minecraft.jar file to what you're distributing is piracy, and you should remove it for the sake of not doing something illegal. When someone adds your pack the launcher downloads the minecraft.jar FOR them.

Hidden

No, I'm just stating that adding the minecraft.jar file to what you're distributing is piracy, and you should remove it for the sake of not doing something illegal. When someone adds your pack the launcher downloads the minecraft.jar FOR them.

Ok i have removed minecraft.jar but also none of this is really helping me i just want to know how to make a platform URL that works

Ok i have removed minecraft.jar but also none of this is really helping me i just want to know how to make a platform URL that works

Simply because when I asked if it did, you said it did. To make a platform URL that works now that you've specified that it doesn't, go to your dropbox page with the download. You should see a chainlink icon on the right, click that and there will be a popup window, close that and copy/paste the URL there into your modpack location on the Platform. The rest from there is self explanatory.

• 2 months later...