Unfortunate Dowload Problems [RESOLVED]

jackcalz

Question

Basic Information on my PC:

64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop (ok, you can start laughing now)

64 bit Java SE 7u3

AVG AntiVirus

Problem: When I download minecraft or any of the technic packs, it makes it only so far and then it stops. Usually after I download a few times it works, but when the Voxelmodpack was released, i tried it and it failed a few times as usual, but then it wouldn't be successful after 5-6 tries as usual, it just stops at a random percentage where it downloads the "z-voxelmodpack-configs-v8.1.0.zip". In addition, downloading Vanilla has never worked, just getting to 100% at "dowloading .jar from minecraft.net" and then a pop-up with "Update Failed." I haven't tried Tekkit, but Technic and Yogbox worked fine and still do, for the most part, excepting the multiple tries. I have tried dowloading with AVG deactivated, as per the common problems page, but to no avail. Thanks for your help! I will try to reply to this with the log report, once i read on how to do that.

Thanks for your help.

7 answers to this question

Re: Unfortunate Dowload Problems

The file size is too large to post here, could someone direct me to the way i can do this?

If i haven't followed the problem report correctly, I'd be happy to give more information. I hate when people don't follow directions.

Thanks.

Re: Unfortunate Dowload Problems

I have a 32 bit laptop. So for me, it doesn't matter. However, I'm getting a new computer next month!Houston, we've got a problem!

Cool, but followed the online instructions to stop the anti-virus and it still didn't work properly. Aware of any other ways to disable?