What happened to 1.1.0?

vicwuff

1.1.0 as I understand it was yanked entirely. To expand on Niavmai's comment, anything other than a recommended build is a dev build and isn't necessarily stable. As I've seen, they can be very stable; however when you begin adding multitudes of the staple plugins we see these days, stability tends to go out of the window in dev builds.

See previous 2 posts

The dev build was pulled for instability, and when it was pulled the floodgates of rage were opened from everyone that just HAD to have the latest for X, Y and Z reasons

Dev builds aren't really there for public use, they are pushed out so that server owners can do the testing that the devs can't do to every single build as well as say "Yes we are working on it, no I'm not off playing <insert popular game name here> instead"

So what is the latest actually functional build then because it sure as butts isn't the recommended one and the current dev builds (even though I'm willing to deal with them getting pulled again) aren't stable enough to use. In the recommended uranium ore doesn't exist, most of the now updated features of the central mods are entirely absent, I really could go on.

Have any suggestions on a similar pack to use until voltz is back to parity of 1.1.0?

So what is the latest actually functional build then because it sure as butts isn't the recommended one and the current dev builds (even though I'm willing to deal with them getting pulled again) aren't stable enough to use. In the recommended uranium ore doesn't exist, most of the now updated features of the central mods are entirely absent, I really could go on.

Have any suggestions on a similar pack to use until voltz is back to parity of 1.1.0?

The recommended build -is- currently the most stable build the devs can offer while at the same time having confidence in its ability to be maintained on a server without numerous crashes/corruption. It is a trade-off though as far as the latest features you speak of. Thing is you're thinking in the wrong frame of mind. The devs will appeal more to the server owners than the players because there are no players without a stable environment in which to play. Without a healthy number of active servers, the devs would be forced to do more in-house testing and likely miss a handful of bugs. A small dev team won't catch as many bugs as thousands of players will.

Running any dev build for Voltz is a nightmare for anyone attempting to host a new Voltz server with additional plugins. Additionally, you see so many version updates because the devs perform bugfixes as well as add new and exciting content. Eventually they will end up with a build that accomplishes both without introducing new bugs, and that release will become the next stable release. It is counter productive to the creative process to stop the presses and focus on one build (Look at Tekkit Classic).

Considering these guys likely program and assemble these modpacks as a hobby, I'd say they do a damn fine job as it is. If you want speedier stable releases, you should contribute detailed bug reports in the appropriate forum. It helps more than you think.

The recommended build -is- currently the most stable build the devs can offer while at the same time having confidence in its ability to be maintained on a server without numerous crashes/corruption. It is a trade-off though as far as the latest features you speak of. Thing is you're thinking in the wrong frame of mind. The devs will appeal more to the server owners than the players because there are no players without a stable environment in which to play. Without a healthy number of active servers, the devs would be forced to do more in-house testing and likely miss a handful of bugs. A small dev team won't catch as many bugs as thousands of players will.

Running any dev build for Voltz is a nightmare for anyone attempting to host a new Voltz server with additional plugins. Additionally, you see so many version updates because the devs perform bugfixes as well as add new and exciting content. Eventually they will end up with a build that accomplishes both without introducing new bugs, and that release will become the next stable release. It is counter productive to the creative process to stop the presses and focus on one build (Look at Tekkit Classic).

Considering these guys likely program and assemble these modpacks as a hobby, I'd say they do a damn fine job as it is. If you want speedier stable releases, you should contribute detailed bug reports in the appropriate forum. It helps more than you think.

Let me rephrase that then; is there a similar modpack on the technic platform that is simply using versions of the universal electricity family that are less than several months old?

Aside from the modpack versions listed in your launcher, there are no other versions of 'Voltz' developed and supported by the official dev team.

Smartassyness aside, you are more than welcome to snag the updated individual versions of all the UE plugins and attempt to assemble/troubleshoot them yourself into a custom modpack. Custom modpacks are generally less popular, naturally, but it is possible to have huge success with them. Take the Aegis Gaming crew, for example. They run a custom modpack and have a relatively large following.