Voltz Update Fail (can't fix the usual way)

Deus-shield

Right, I've cleared the Cache, set build to 1.0.0|1.4.6 (lowest) and allocated 16GB of memory. I've deleted and re-downloaded the technic launcher a dozen times. None of it works. Keeps getting up to 99% or "Checking for Minecraft update" and then saying: Update Failed. Weeks I've been trying to get on Voltz and non of the other packs are working either except for Tekkit.Someone, anyone, please help.

I have the same problem, my voltz launcher loads minecraft.jar 2 times and on the third, when it reaches 98%-99% it comes up with the message "update failed". it used to work on my computer, but the first update that came out caused it to do this. I have tried EVERYTHING. I will leave voltz behind(I am an admin on 2 servers) if this is not dealt with very shortly

I have the same problem, my voltz launcher loads minecraft.jar 2 times and on the third, when it reaches 98%-99% it comes up with the message "update failed". it used to work on my computer, but the first update that came out caused it to do this. I have tried EVERYTHING. I will leave voltz behind(I am an admin on 2 servers) if this is not dealt with very shortly

Post simplified: Fix this or else ill get angry and quit the server I am op on! Do what I say because I feel entitled!

Me: How about you ask nicely and not sound entitled?

Maybe do some legwork on your own. You have not tried everything as the fix is super easy and not caused by voltz updating or anything other than a random bug. Try asking for help instead of ordering people to fix your problems for you.

It's an issue with Java itself. For whatever reason Minecraft will occasionally freak out and not work on that install anymore. Just download and install the latest Java build. It will install even if you are up to date so you don't need to uninstall anything. I've seen the bug a few times on multiple computers and this always has fixed the issue.

• 1 month later...
It's an issue with Java itself. For whatever reason Minecraft will occasionally freak out and not work on that install anymore. Just download and install the latest Java build. It will install even if you are up to date so you don't need to uninstall anything. I've seen the bug a few times on multiple computers and this always has fixed the issue.
Doesn't fix it for me.