Help! Frame per second really low / graphic card switch

Hi,

I have just recently started playing Tekkit, but I have a problem. When playing, my fps drops around 12-13, so it lags terribly. I don't have this problem on normal Minecraft (fps around 120).

I seemed to have found the problem, but I am not able to properly fix it. It is related to my graphic cards.

I am playing on a laptop which uses 2 graphic cards:

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M

- Intel HD Graphics 4000

When playing, my laptop doesn't seem to recognize Tekkit as a program that needs to run on the Nvidia card...

I tried to manually specify that tekkit and java needs to run on the Nvidia card, but it didn't fix the problem.

Although, I am able to switch them manually, but I was wondering if anyone got a solution that did not required me to go in my settings every time I want to play.

Thanks a lot.

Let's look at it a little differently. What's your CPU and RAM? Java is notorious for high memory useage if there isn't any decent garbage collection in the code, and Minecraft mods may not be doing that correctly.

Let's look at it a little differently. What's your CPU and RAM? Java is notorious for high memory useage if there isn't any decent garbage collection in the code, and Minecraft mods may not be doing that correctly.

My CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.30 Ghz

RAM: 8 Go

But I can actually run tekkit at 120 GHz... it's only that I have to switch it manually so my laptop runs only on the Nvidia graphic card.

• 1 month later...

I have that same setup.

Here is what i did:

(Probably you are using java 64 bit)

-Right click the nvidia tray icon(or open nvidia control panel)

-Manage 3d settings

-Click on ADD

-Navigate to your java folder:

--Go to program files in your c: drive

--Go to java folder

--Go to bin

--Select the javaw.exe file

-After this, change the "preferred graphics processor" to high performance nvidia

-Click apply

Have fun.