Monsters don't spawn at all

Rajhin

I recently moved to server pack Technic providing instead of Lan play and there's absolutely no night mobs spawning anywhere. Spawners work fine, nether mobs spawn fine.

I only added Thaumcraft over the build and no further changes.

Two possibilities:

1. Check your server.properties and make sure the vision distance is large enough, need to be at least like 9 or 10.

2. Sometimes Dimensional Doors rifts spawn a kazillion endermen somewhere. This is fixed in later versions of Dimensional Doors but I'm a scrub and haven't updated Big Dig.

I didn't find the cause of problem but fixed the effect, just installed mob spawn control that watches over number of mobs on the server and I guess it despawned them where ever they were spawned and now it's all right.

That might be some bug with dimensional doors because when I left the limbo I spawned 50 kilometres from home and I travelled all the way back eventually, they might get stuck somewhere on the way.

We had the same problem on our server, twice, due to dimensional doors. It was due to going to limbo, somehow dimensional doors told the overworld not to spawn mobs after that. my friend who runs the server ended up disabling dimensional doors.