PSA: Oxygen Collector Not Working?

Hi Guys,

Just spent several hours tearing hair out trying to get an Oxygen Collector working so I could fill up my tanks and therefore not die in space.. turns out there is a bug in the version of Galacticraft that was released with Tekkit that causes Oxygen Collectors to not work on some servers. If this sounds like your problem then do the following:

1. Stop your server

2. Remove the galacticraft .jar file from your 'coremods' folder (copy it somewhere as a backup)

3. Would also suggest backing up your world folder, e.g. copy/paste and rename to world-backup

4. Download the galacticraft build 186 jar from the following link and paste it in your coremods folder - http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft/186/ (this is the last galacticraft build that works with the stable version of minecraft, there are "higher builds" available but they will not work with 1.5.1

5. Start your server!

If this saves at least 1 person from the pain and anguish i suffered, then this post was worthy :)

Cheers

Build #186 of galacticraft does not resolve issues with the Oxygen Sealer however. The fix for this issue os only available in 1.5.2 minecraft and tekkit is deployed with 1.5.1 (even in the dev build).

If you manually select the 1.0.4 build in the technic launcher, this is fixed, and gregs lighting is re-added to the pack.

Thanks, this was just the way I stumbled upon the fix, didn't occur to me that the change was already deployed in a dev build.Do I need to update my server for this as well, and can you point me in the right direction if so?

Build #186 of galacticraft does not resolve issues with the Oxygen Sealer however. The fix for this issue os only available in 1.5.2 minecraft and tekkit is deployed with 1.5.1 (even in the dev build).

Thanks.. I haven't gotten into space yet so I haven't run into this!