Quick Question

Akaedis

Note: if this doesn't belong here, could a mod move it please.

when the Mod API Comes out, will tekkit & technic still be continued? just curious as i am clueless on the topic, i have played garrys mod(has a API-Type thingy where you can just place mods into the addons folder and they work), and im curious about tekkit and such...

Also if there is a topic already regarding my question, could some one please link me to that topic, then a moderator/admin please remove the topic immediately.

Most probably, and definitely yes. The update will be slow though, I warn you, as most of the mods themselves have to shift to the mod api, then the Technic/Tekkit team can throw in their army of well-drawn creepers to change ids and get it all working together.

There's also always hope that the technic launcher will be actually better then whatever Mojang puts out at first. Either way, it will be ages before all the mods in technic or yogbox or the voxel box (voxel pack experience?) switch to the api since it involves more or less changing everything. Some might not even switch at all. No matter what you'd still have to go out and download all the mods and then put them together. And no matter the API, there will always be conflicts. We cater to the "don't want to do any work" crowd.

And that's perfectly fine. You shouldn't have to. We aim to make it so that you can just play how you want without the hassle of doing it manually. There will still be a market for that post API.