Whos got the lag?

count_zero99uk

Hi all, I was playing on my small server, which runs of my pc, last night with 2 of my friends and one of them started to experience what he called lag. I asked him to describe what was happenind and basicaly the world wasnt loading in , he could see through it. At first i thought it was a server issue as 2 of us were in one location and he was miles away. I couldnt see any bottlenecks in my system resources so asked him to return to the location the rest of us were to see if the game was concentrating on that chunk. He came and could see us floating around in the void, he logged out and came back and all was well. Now my question is this, how do you know where the issues are. The server, the player or something else?

It is a server error in communicating with the client. Adding optifine will not change anything and there is nothing you can do about fixing it. It is a common error that re-logging always seems to fix. Sorry but as of now I don't believe there is a consistent fix other than re-logging.