Breaking Worlds... I think.

I'm not quite sure where to put this, so please accept my apology if I'm in the wrong place.

I have a major problem with Tekkit Lite, I can be playing for a while, but then without warning the game quits to desktop, sometimes leaving a hs_err file on the desktop, but not everytime.

That's fine in of itself (annoying yes, but not the end of the world), however, upon restarting TL, I can't load my world again as it just kills the game.

I had a nice map going with some serious Thermal Expansion setup using MV solar power via the Energy Converter, main build and remote linked location protected by Forcefields (in short about 30 hours gametime), TL crashed, map wouldn't reload.

Thinking I'd gone overboard with machines, I started a new map, this time I was still material gathering (2-3 hours gametime) same thing happened, this time with NO machines at all.

I've tried on both my Laptop and Desktop and get the same thing (more frequent on Laptop)

I'm at a total loss of what to do to solve this issue. But playing at the moment seems pointless as my worlds keep getting killed.

Desktop.

Intel Core i7-920 - 2.67GHz (not overclocked)

ATi Radeon HD5770 PCIe Card - 1 Gb (not overclocked) - Catalyst 13-4

12 GB RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (Fully updated with every Update available)

Java 7u21 (Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11))

TechnicLauncher Build 240 - Always uses Stable builds and 6GB allocated.

Laptop.

Intel Core i7-2630QM - 2.00GHz (not overclocked)

ATi Radeon HD6490M - 768MB available (not overclocked) - Lastest HP drivers (won't accept Catalyst)

8 GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (Fully updated with every Update available)

Java 7u21 (Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11))

TechnicLauncher Build 240 - Always uses Stable builds and 4GB allocated.

An hs_err_pid file is created when the JVM crashes. Unfortunately there are a lot of reasons that this could be happening.

Things you could try:

- Try not allocated so much ram.

- Do any of the log files give a clue as to what is happening? (.technic\tekkitlite; the hs_err file). The latter file is full of information, but you might be able to pick up a word that could clue you in (like openGL). You could try updating the openGL bindings that minecraft use (.technic\tekkitlite\bin). Minecraft uses old openGL bindings which perhaps don't work too hot on newer graphics cards.

- This could be a technic launcher classloader bug. There might be another forum where you could post this.