FPS drop with all mod packs running under Technic Launcher (OSX)

nonexisto

I'm not entirely sure what support board this problem falls under so I'm just posting it here. I have checked older posts to find a solution to this problem, but most of the recent solutions I have found don't seem to apply or work.

This only started happening couple of days ago, my FPS in Tekkit took a dive into only ~10 FPS even with everything turned to max performance (tiny draw distance, fast graphics, non-smooth lighting) This is not usually the case. So to try to find out what the problem is I checked the game under the Vanilla Launcher and Feed The Beast launcher. Both gave me excellent performance with render distance on normal and fast graphics. I also checked other mods under tekkit launcher such as Voltz and Vanilla. Both of those gave the same problem as Tekkit.

Here are screens of my performance under various mod packs and vanilla running under the same settings:

Tekkit (1.06)

Voltz

Vanilla (Technic Launcher)

Feed The Beast

Vanilla

Here is my system specs, and here is my launcher settings.

Hopefully posting here will help me get this problem sorted so I can go back to playing on my server.

Optifine is already in it, and this happened to me to on my MAC also a couple days ago.

Optifine is not included in any of the official Technic modpacks. And how does this happening on a Mac have anything to do with solving the problem?