Equivalent Exchange

dragydof

Popular consensus says stfu, we're going to put our opinions where we want.

Also seriously, a global mod posted not two posts above you, im pretty sure voicing our opinions here has the stamp of approval, or at least the stamp of indifference.

Well, he asked a question, he didn't want to start why people wanted EE. He just want's someone to answer him. Even mods can sometimes get ripped away by reading other peoples post.

On topic: I for one think they will add it, since after what i have read of posts, the dev's love it. Altough they may include easy ways to disable it.

. Even mods can sometimes get ripped away by reading other peoples post.

Yep, even I am merely human!

I'm not on the Technic/Tekkit teams but from talking to the gents, my impression is that EE will be added, but of course can be disabled server-side (like any other mods).

That way, people that want it can have it, and people that don't, won't.

Don't take my word as law though.

Well, he asked a question, he didn't want to start why people wanted EE. He just want's someone to answer him. Even mods can sometimes get ripped away by reading other peoples post.

On topic: I for one think they will add it, since after what i have read of posts, the dev's love it. Altough they may include easy ways to disable it.

Yes, but he asked a question that was very closely tied to what peoples opinion of the mod is. To expect people to answer his question with no outside discussion is entirely unrealistic. To try and boot them out of his thread is even worse. That just isn't how human conversation works.

Yes, but he asked a question that was very closely tied to what peoples opinion of the mod is. To expect people to answer his question with no outside discussion is entirely unrealistic. To try and boot them out of his thread is even worse. That just isn't how human conversation works.

So you can't ban someone for talking about their new roomba vacuum cleaner on the Nilfisk forums? (If there is one)

So you can't ban someone for talking about their new roomba vacuum cleaner on the Nilfisk forums? (If there is one)

Assuming that nilfisk is some kind of vacuum, that is an entirely different situation. Roomba and the other vacuum folks would be direct competitors.

The ideas of whether or not EE will be in tekkit, and whether or not people think that it SHOULD be in tekkit are not in competition.

Assuming that nilfisk is some kind of vacuum, that is an entirely different situation. Roomba and the other vacuum folks would be direct competitors.

The ideas of whether or not EE will be in tekkit, and whether or not people think that it SHOULD be in tekkit are not in competition.

Well, he didn't ask "what is your opinion on EE?" He asked the dev's if they're going to add it.

Well, he didn't ask "what is your opinion on EE?" He asked the dev's if they're going to add it.

This is a public forum, not a dev Q&A board. Opening a thread asking whether something will be added to tekkit and expecting people not to chime in with their opinions is unrealistic. Conversations develop tangentially, and topics drift on occasion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and attempting to move people out of your thread for commenting on something that isn't even very far from the topic at hand is also very unrealistic.

This is a public forum, not a dev Q&A board. Opening a thread asking whether something will be added to tekkit and expecting people not to chime in with their opinions is unrealistic. Conversations develop tangentially, and topics drift on occasion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and attempting to move people out of your thread for commenting on something that isn't even very far from the topic at hand is also very unrealistic.

Ok, this seems to be getting nowhere, and i have a feeling neither of us will change our minds xD So we should just stop arguing :P

personally i would like it

i would just have a server back up set for every 5-10 minutes and tell people at the spawn point that if they use ANY items to greif i will A.) give you a warning

B.) make you start from scratch (like he just logged in again)

C.) ban from server for a pronlegd period of time

D.) perma ban

but i hope that never comes to it...and i have a small group of friends so enforcing is not the issue