Equivalent Exchange

dragydof

problem being the retarded rings is dammn destructive and i bet server OPs will not even allow it to be crafted..... whats left will be the philosopher's stone and all those non destructive crap and i bet those will crush the economy if there is one so i doubt it will be inside any server OP's mind to include this mod

In my personal opinion EE is dangerous. It's a pretty big grief tool. i.e Destruction Catalyst, and the Infernal Armor. Think about the damage someone could do with a Destruction Catalyst and a Collector. Entire servers could be destroyed in minutes because of these tools. I agree with tanki123 and that server ops would have to do a lot of work to make EE safe to use.

i also agree that EE can be overpowerd however some items from this mod are very usefull like the Alchemy Bag , Alchemical Chests and Transmutation Tablet but thats about it

I agree with you. Maybe the relay too (without collectors), since it's basically the same as the transmutation tablet but you can store it in a Klein Star. I know you can also do that by taking diamonds/golds/materials you want to klein star in TT and then just target cobble and put klein star in input slot, but you'll lose 1 EMC! That can be very much! :D

In my personal opinion EE is dangerous. It's a pretty big grief tool. i.e Destruction Catalyst, and the Infernal Armor. Think about the damage someone could do with a Destruction Catalyst and a Collector. Entire servers could be destroyed in minutes because of these tools. I agree with tanki123 and that server ops would have to do a lot of work to make EE safe to use.

Yea, and if they weren't turned off, an admin would have to be online all the time to rollback griefing.

Another far more insidious problem I have with it comes from the other side of things: It makes resource collection and management meaningless to anyone with a philosopher's stone. By being able to convert everything into everything else, you lose a lot of challenge of the game and by virtue of that, a lot of cooperation between players in terms of a trade based economy. Exploration and, gasp, mining, become relatively meaningless and you've then lost the essence of the game.

TLDR: If you want to eliminate item management from the game, just play on creative.

Another far more insidious problem I have with it comes from the other side of things: It makes resource collection and management meaningless to anyone with a philosopher's stone. By being able to convert everything into everything else, you lose a lot of challenge of the game and by virtue of that, a lot of cooperation between players in terms of a trade based economy. Exploration and, gasp, mining, become relatively meaningless and you've then lost the essence of the game.

TLDR: If you want to eliminate item management from the game, just play on creative.

I also feel like some of the tools in EE are based of World Edit ^^

This is not true in the current version of EE. You can only convert between iron, gold, and diamonds. Actually getting stuff in the first place is so enormously expensive that you're better off going down to the mines and finding this crap yourself.

This is not true in the current version of EE. You can only convert between iron, gold, and diamonds. Actually getting stuff in the first place is so enormously expensive that you're better off going down to the mines and finding this crap yourself.

...until someone makes some massive BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft2-EquivalentExchange rig that somehow duplicates everything.

In one of the versions of Technic, someone make a diamond triplicator.

Well, you can just make a flower to generate EMC that goes into a Klein Star and then use that in the transmutation tablet... Free items :|

Well no, Because you have to have the items that you want to transmute in the first place, to teach the table the EMC value so it can be transmuted, and the items EMC like diamonds is enormous so you'd need tons of EMC to get one-three diamonds anyway. Another thing some items don't have proper set EMC values so you couldn't get endless copper or tin. Granted some things are over powered in this mod still. But it could still have potenional, so there are still some things that mite still be useful.

Well no, Because you have to have the items that you want to transmute in the first place, to teach the table the EMC value so it can be transmuted, and the items EMC like diamonds is enormous so you'd need tons of EMC to get one-three diamonds anyway. Another thing some items don't have proper set EMC values so you couldn't get endless copper or tin. Granted some things are over powered in this mod still. But it could still have potenional, so there are still some things that mite still be useful.

Yeah, but once you got the first collector, you should also have a lot of other materials, so you could start making machines and such while it collects for you. And then you upgrade it to collect even more and ultimately you'll have a diamond every second...

It would be far cheaper to just create an IC2 solar flower and hook that upto a BC quarry.

A decent EE flower takes ~153 diamonds to make vs the BC quarry that takes 11.

Yeah, but the first collector is only 9 diamonds and once you have that, you'll just keep accumulating EMC. And if you use the divining rod to find diamonds, you'll have 9 in no time :)

Yeah, but once you got the first collector, you should also have a lot of other materials, so you could start making machines and such while it collects for you. And then you upgrade it to collect even more and ultimately you'll have a diamond every second...

Yeah, but the first collector is only 9 diamonds and once you have that, you'll just keep accumulating EMC. And if you use the divining rod to find diamonds, you'll have 9 in no time :)

Yes it only takes 9 diamonds to make a collector but the collectors can only create fuel and at only 4 EMC/s.

To turn that into diamonds, or any matter, you need to make a Energy Condenser which costs 5 more diamonds.

You will need to seed the Energy Condenser with another diamond (bringing the total to 15) and it will start making diamonds at a rate of 1 every 34 minutes.

You can theorycraft the whole thing of beeing EE good or bad in SMP it's just the simple fact its more of a Friends and Family mod then a Public use mod the items beeing able to be crafted in EE are way to overpowered for griefing like stated often enough and disabling all of them makes the mod rather useless execpt for relay/condenser in my opinion just make it Optional for Tekkit since if you wanna play with friends its good since the whole Technic pack revolves of the use of Iron,Gold,Diamonds etc. and exploring hours to just find diamonds for a Quarry or Lapatron Crystal is way too tedious with friends since everyone wants a quarry or lapatron crystals out of the ass for his/her quantum suit

I personally think the mod is just overpowered.

1: Divining rod helps me find diamonds way to easily. With Diamonds i can do everything else very simply.

2: Repair amulet means i never have to build new items. That diamond pick? Never EVER going to break

3: THe bag of holding is useful, i'll say that.

4: Transmutation? Too easy to make too much nice stuff. I can ruin the game now in about an hour by getting the transmutation tablet and going to town. No REAL need to mine.

I generally DON'T use the stuff other than the bag of holding, since i want to have a bit of a challenge in the game.

But i fear that on servers other people may not have the same self disciplin, and ruin the entire server by going nuts. Any chance at an in game economy would be shot.

Frankly, if i wanted the skip the annoyance of working for my items i'd just build shit in creative mode.

EDIT:

Yes it only takes 9 diamonds to make a collector but the collectors can only create fuel and at only 4 EMC/s.

To turn that into diamonds, or any matter, you need to make a Energy Condenser which costs 5 more diamonds.

You will need to seed the Energy Condenser with another diamond (bringing the total to 15) and it will start making diamonds at a rate of 1 every 34 minutes.

I can get about 15 diamonds in about 15-20 minutes using the damn divining rod. Why bother using a collector.

Unless there are some significant changes between EE SSP and EE SMP, I will most likely be disabling it. Part of the draw of minecraft is the process of building something, of getting to that point of being awesome. EE cuts that time out by orders of magnitude, and cheapens the feeling of finally reaching that point.

Of course, I come from the cliche of "The journey is just as great as the destination, if not better" frame of mind.

I like EE and wouldn't want to play without it any more. Yes, EE makes it somewhat easy to get diamonds. But quite a few mods use a lot of them. Buildcraft and its addons in particular. The normal way to get diamonds can get really frustrating - I once spent three real-time days mining without finding a single one. So I'm thankful for EE. EE 6.22 is way less overpowered than earlier versions, at least early in the game.

Also you will eventually get to the point where you don't have to mine anymore, but I've got mining tunnels across in an area of 128x256 at level 10, completely mining it out, before I get to that point.

I for one think Tekkit is incomplete without EE. I would love to implement it into my server, because I trust my users. Think about all the possibilities it opens up. Those who have it on SSP know what i'm talking about. Also consider how well it works with Buildcraft, Redpower, and Industrial Craft, the automation mods. EE allows for a lot more automation. For instance, if say you want to make an automated lava cell factory to feed some geothermal generators, but don't want to constantly resupply it with lava buckets, you could place the volcanite amulet in a chest and viola! Or how about users that get pissed off from all their stuff being burned when they fall in lava? The volcanite amulet also takes care of that! As long as you aren't inviting every single person you see into your server, you shouldn't have to worry about griefing too much. Besides, servers with mods are usually for groups of friends.

sorry guys but this thread isnt about opinions about EE on SMP

its an thread to ask if they are gonna add it to tekkit

for your opinions please go to another thread

Popular consensus says stfu, we're going to put our opinions where we want.

Also seriously, a global mod posted not two posts above you, im pretty sure voicing our opinions here has the stamp of approval, or at least the stamp of indifference.