What is a nuclear reactor used for?

Wait... this is in the Tekkit Classic section. That means its an IC2 pre-MC1.3 reactor, so it would need to be hooked up to an HV transformer and power storage blocks such as a MFSU. It can be used for anything that takes EU, but the most popular use for a nuke is to hook it up to a mass fabricator to get free stuff.

Yes, make sure you read up. An overheated IC2 reactor results in a larger explosion then the Nuclear Explosive from the same mod.

Yup.

Anyway, some Ideas to use it for:

Build a network of teleporters around your base. Power 'em with eu from your nuke.

Build a perimeter defense around your base and install tesla coils to fry mobs.

Build an auto processing factory with banks of powered furnaces and macerators.

Set up a mass fabricator and make UU matter. You gotta love that pink goo.

Store up a load of power in loads of MFSUs. Just let it sit, and feel comfort in your inability to run out of power.

As always in minecraft, y=256 is the limit. (The sky)

Fun glitch with teleporters: The amount of power they consume is porportional to the distance they are far apart... once set. That means you can plop a second teleported right next to the first, connect it together, then move the second with frames to its final location and it will still use the original distance to power it!

Fun glitch with teleporters: The amount of power they consume is porportional to the distance they are far apart... once set. That means you can plop a second teleported right next to the first, connect it together, then move the second with frames to its final location and it will still use the original distance to power it!

Yeah, I tried that once, but for some reason I could only go one way. I could teleport off the frame machine to the teleporter I set up on the ground, but not back. Hmm.