Problems with the server batch file.

Hey! I have had some server batch issues. I can click on the server jar and the server will run. But i would like to see the console to op myself! I have tried to op myself with the text doc in there, but sadly that will not work. Btw my cpu is a 8GB 64 bit operating system running windows 8.

It would be better for you to use a starter for your server. You can see everything going on.

Your server should come with a "launch.bat" and that is what you start the server with. The "tekkit.jar" which I'm assuming your using to start the server is (from what I know) the item that keeps the server running. The console just tells it what to do.

What I suggest you do, if you don't have a launch.bat, download a new server from technicpack.net and copy/paste the launch.bat into your server folder.

If you already have it, right click on it and click, "edit". You will see "java -Xmx(number)G -Xms#G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui pause). This file just tells the Tekkit.jar to launch the tekkit.jar without a gui. The important part of this file is the "-Xmx#G -Xms#G". These control how much RAM is dedicated. -Xmx#G is the MAX amount of RAM dedicated and -Xms#G is the MIN amount of RAM dedicated. With your system, you could dedicate 5GB RAM max, and 4GB RAM min and the server will run pretty good with a certain amount of players.

I hope this helps you and all others who read this.