Automatic Furnace Question

OneTouch15

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make an automatic furnace the old way (without hoppers) I have two chests, one for the items that needs to be smelted and one for the coal. I'm pumping the items with engines and they are coming out perfeclty, I have connected the pipes at the correct places (items above, fuel down, output right), but the coal seems to be jump out right before reaching the furnace. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make an automatic furnace the old way (without hoppers) I have two chests, one for the items that needs to be smelted and one for the coal. I'm pumping the items with engines and they are coming out perfeclty, I have connected the pipes at the correct places (items above, fuel down, output right), but the coal seems to be jump out right before reaching the furnace. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

which furnace? what kind of pipes? from what direction are they attached? Maybe a screenshot would help.

[Edit: I skimmed too fast the first time]

[Edit 2: Thought I remembered a discussion about this -- check out this forum post from a couple of weeks ago: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/noob-help-with-automated-furnace.46222/#post-378621]