A little Project I am making for a friend

Richs_Yard

Well, my friend hired me to write his little clan (On another game) to write a backstory. I thought, why not? I have time to pass.

I thought you'd like to read it. He likes it.

Helios started in the year 2000 as a Power Distribution Company for the Planet of Siris. It drew energy out of the sun, and thus the owner decided upon the name Helios, or sun. In the year 2050, the company made a smart decision to make the cables run underground, making it more efficient and safe. For the next 450 years, Helios bloomed into a planet-wide Power Distributor, using a new method of sending Energy pulses under ground to the Receiver Stations which then distributed it for small commercial uses. By the year 2500, Helios was the primary, and basically only, Commercial-use power distributor, after buying out most of its main competitors. However, for the next 500 years, resources became a developing problem. Helios was practically burning the sun out, and using all of the planets resources. The Siris ruling government forced Helios to attempt to start a power revolution.

It was year 3000 when the revolution had begun. The power project was deemed "Project Dawn", the 'sunrise' to the revolution, and was kept hidden from the public. The plan was to create a power cannon, that when launched into orbit, could send pulses of energy to one of a handful of "Receiver Stations" dotted on the planets surface in desolate, remote places, because the flash of the energy could blind a man. The stations were quickly built, and the project had been successfully started. After a year of research and building, the first test was ready. They launched the orbital power cannon into space with high hopes. They selected one Receiver station in the middle of nowhere, Station Alpha. The systems quickly turned on with loud bangs and clangs. The power beam started charging as the technicians aimed the cannon for Station Alpha. When it was at full power, they released the beam. Within seconds horror filled their screens. What they had made was not a power cannon. It was an Ion cannon, and it had blew Station Alpha to shreds within seconds. What was left in its place was a gigantic crater, and irradiated flooded ruins of what was a desert. The executives quickly ordered the shutdown of Project Dawn, and any research and evidence of it to be scrapped. The public was NOT to be notified of the disaster, and all evidence and research to be burnt and destroyed.

It was 5 Years following the disaster of Project Dawn, and the destruction of Station Alpha, and the Public still had not found out about it. Yet, somehow the Siris Military caught wind of the destruction that had happened. Most people believe that scouts had discovered the irradiated ruins of Station Alpha. The military quickly took interest in what this Weapon of Mass Destruction could do for them. Empires wiped out in seconds, invasions stopped and started, genocides... In the year 3007, the Siris Military contracted Helios to restart Project Dawn, yet aim for the Ion cannon they had made 6 years ago. They renamed the Project to "Project Dusk", to represent the effect it could have, being the 'sunset' to those who defied the military. And thus, Project Dusk started, with the aim to make a efficient orbital Ion Cannon based off Solar power. It would be an Weapon that had no power limits. Helios then became a Military Contracted corporation. Yet, the only way the would allow the remake of such a destruction weapon, is if it could still do what Project Dawn was meant to do. They would make an Ion cannon, but only if it could also be used to power Receiver Stations and distribute the power if needed. The Military agreed, since it would take them years and years of research, and millions of dollars of funding to do it. They started to remake the cannon based off what research they had yet to destroy. With the new funding and technology, the cannon was quickly started. Within months it was near completion. In year 3008, both purposes of the cannon were done. All they needed to do was completely the exterior launching systems, the shell, and the GPS Targeting systems.

It is currently year 3008, and the cannon has yet to be launched. The military is pressing the completion. Welcome, to the Helios Corporation.

~-Written by Richs_Yard. Information in this is not to be redistributed.-~

I know. But the Ionic charge sparked an explosion.

Well, my friend hired me to write his little clan (On another game) to write a backstory. I thought, why not? I have time to pass.

I thought you'd like to read it. He likes it.Alpha. When it was at full power, they released the beam. Within seconds horror filled their screens. What they had made was not a power cannon. It was an Ion cannon, and it had blew Station Alpha to shreds within seconds. What was left in its place was a gigantic crater, and irradiated flooded ruins of what was a desert. The executives quickly ordered the shutdown of Project Dawn, and any research and evidence of it to be scrapped. The public was NOT to be notified of the disaster, and all evidence and research to be burnt and destroyed.

You referred to it as DESTROYING the station, not causing a detonation of fuel and/or a reactor