Hexxit questions

Hey all,

I'm about to open up my Hexxit server within the next 12 hours.

I had some key questions about map generation.

Is there a way to reset the map and generate new dungeons without ruining what players have already built? or someway replace the map...?

As far as I know with hexxit, once you run through a dungeon, all it is is a pile of blocks with mobs and the only way to generate a new dungeon, or battle tower or in general a hexxit schematic, is by generating new chunks. Now I'm already planning to keep the server limited to 40-50 players with a whitelist, but still after awhile people are going to want to keep exploring more and more chunks which could get out of hand in the long or even short run.

Is there a work-around for this?

or some plugin

The server I play on is being reset monthly. Players have plenty of warning and its a specific date each month. However, players inventories will not be cleared. So before the reset, everyone will be packing their backpacks and loading their inventories to the eyeballs :D

Hexxit is about adventure, not building grand structures. After each reset, everyone will be ransacking a new castle to call home, and thats the way it should be. We are running factions as well, so the teamwork aspect of finding a new place to call home adds to the fun.

The server I play on is being reset monthly. Players have plenty of warning and its a specific date each month. However, players inventories will not be cleared. So before the reset, everyone will be packing their backpacks and loading their inventories to the eyeballs :D

Hexxit is about adventure, not building grand structures. After each reset, everyone will be ransacking a new castle to call home, and thats the way it should be. We are running factions as well, so the teamwork aspect of finding a new place to call home adds to the fun.

That realy sounds nice! Have an link of some information about it so i can check it out?

Certainly, the website is

http://www.x-craft-servers.enjin.com/home

Hexxit is on a dedicated box, i7 32gb ram, 1 tb storage, its not whitelisted and the ip is 144.76.47.38

There is also cross server chat between the bigdig and skyblock servers. So theres usually someone about to chat to :)

Its not advertised yet, so the population is low. The owner wants to make sure its completely stable before getting a massive influx of new people. But it is open to the public.

There is a script set up to restart the server if it crashes, so if it does, just wait a few minutes and it will reboot. Most people have headed south and west, if you want to jump straight into adventuring, there will be more untouched areas to the north and east.