Tinker's Weapons

Crasical

The weapons I've made in Tinker's Construct so far seem kinda under-powered. I've crafted a rapier, sign, and frying pan, and they all seem to only be doing 1-3 or 3-5 damage. Considering how easy it is to make a Diamond sword and a shield and do vastly more damage AND be better protected... Are these working as intended?

My rapier has an attack rating of 3.5 hearts, but does between 9~15 damage per hit and isn't reduced by armor (which is amazing when fighting in those giant castles). Considering you didn't give much information about your particular setup, I'll give you a few recommendations:

• Make your weapons using high tier materials (diamonds or the higher tier nether metals);
  • The moss upgrade is useful for keeping it at top durability most of the time;
  • Nether quartz can upgrade it's damage;
  • Necrotic bones give it a life stealing effect, which allows me to pretty much faceroll the golem bosses in the towers;
  • Lapis upgrade for looting is always a nice thing to have.

Overall I feel like they are very good weapons, although they might be outclassed by some weapons from other mods if fully enchanted. I really like the lifesteal and autorepair aspects of them though, so I'll probably keep using them.

I've been using Wood/Paper/Iron for handle/guard/Blade, or just Wood/Iron for the pan and sign. To my understanding, Diamond only increases durabilty, not damage.

I suppose after the nether, when nether alloys and lots of quartz is available, they're fine, but the weapons you can craft when just starting the game seem distinctly inferior to vanilla equipment.

Yep working as intended, have still yet to find any melee weapons that out class a malyynngkfgnldfsdmmm(sp) rapier, the sheer fact that they have armor pen is just amazing, that plus life steal and auto repair make them really strong, however ranged weapons against people in light or even medium armor vastly out class all melee weapons, found a crystal bow with power 4 on it upgraded to power 5 and infinty and it can one shot almost all vanilla mobs, and pirates in light armor, doing as much as 20 damage. Also the little back dash on the rapier is great for dodging slow enemies.

The sign is a joke weapon, don't bother with it. It's just a reference to the minecraft youtuber Zisteau. The pan is nice for a stun, and lets you cook large amounts of food, but I'd stick with a rapier for your main weapon. Rapier has fairly low base damage, but the armor ignore, quick strikes, sprint crits, and dodge make it pretty great. Toss some moss on it and you can rapidfire stab all day and never let anything touch you.