• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do i reset it XD

Open Run (Windows Key+R)

Type in %appdata% and hit ok

Open .technic, find the Hexxit folder

Make a backup of all your single player saves and delete the folder.

Then relaunch the modpack AMD it should redownload it

I reset my pack the server still shows up as before and yet getting the items still doesn't work. I think if I were to delete the world files of the server I would be able to generate and new world with the mods actually function but i don't know how to do this

I reset my pack the server still shows up as before and yet getting the items still doesn't work. I think if I were to delete the world files of the server I would be able to generate and new world with the mods actually function but i don't know how to do this

Delete the folder named after your server name. If you didn't modify the server name it'll be called world.

Shut down both servers. Start the Hexxit server from launch.bat (for a Windows OS).

This. It looks like you're launching your server using "minecraft_server.jar", which only launches a vanilla server. You need to launch it using "Hexxit.jar", or use the launcher "launch.bat" or "launch.sh" depending on your OS.

Edit: typo

This. It looks like you're launching your server using "minecraft_server.jar", which only launches a vanilla server. You need to launch it using "Hexxit.jar", or use the launcher "launch.bat" or "launch.sh" depending on your OS.

Should have though of that. :facepalm:

Delete the folder named after your server name. If you didn't modify the server name it'll be called world.

So following your instructions, I deleted the folder with the old server, and extracted the files from the zip file you proved into a new folder renamed it and started the server, then jumping on hexxit and getting into the server and yet its the same problem all my old items from the very first tekkit server i created (deleted a while back) and still non of the hexxit items work.

Shut down both servers. Start the Hexxit server from launch.bat (for a Windows OS).

I run ubuntu or linux as you may know it and for me to start the server I click "minecraft_server.jar" i don't know if this makes a difference...

When I launch "Hexxit.jar" nothing happens. Please help..

Lol could you explain what you mean cause at this point my head hurts and i'm confused XD

Your world folder. When you ran the server using minecraft_server.jar it generated vanilla content. When you run it through launch.sh it generates Hexxit content.

When executing the file it gives me the option of "run" and "run in terminal" I used both but nothing occurs.

Looking at your previous posts, I'll go ahead and guess you have absolutely no idea how to use linux. Debugging with no information is kinda hard, you know. To try and get an error log, modify your .sh file with this content:

#!/bin/sh

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

read -p "Press [Enter] key to exit"

And then execute your file from a terminal (or use the "run in terminal" option if you don't know how). That should allow you to see any error that pops up, and post it here if you can't figure it out from there.

Looking at your previous posts, I'll go ahead and guess you have absolutely no idea how to use linux. Debugging with no information is kinda hard, you know. To try and get an error log, modify your .sh file with this content:

#!/bin/sh

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

read -p "Press [Enter] key to exit"

And then execute your file from a terminal (or use the "run in terminal" option if you don't know how). That should allow you to see any error that pops up, and post it here if you can't figure it out from there.

I modified the file with what you have told me and pressed "run in terminal" but what simply happens is terminal opens for a second then closes...

Your world folder. When you ran the server using minecraft_server.jar it generated vanilla content. When you run it through launch.sh it generates Hexxit content.

I know but the problem is I am unable to run it through launch.sh because nothing happens after I click it..

I modified the file with what you have told me and pressed "run in terminal" but what simply happens is terminal opens for a second then closes...

Unfortunately I can't really test the correctness of my script because I'm on Windows at the moment, just add another line with "sleep 1m" in it and retry.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to educate you on how to use the terminal (oh the fun we'll have...).

Edit:

What that weird zero width character between "#!/bin/sh" and "java"?

That's probably your text editor being stupid when you copy-pasted the code from here and included/didn't include the newline character. Just to be sure you're doing this correctly, the script should have 3 (or 4, depends if you do the first part of this post first) lines.

I don't know about Linux but on Windows,CMD closing after a second means your path isn't set in Environmental Variables.