Technic Pack bug/possible minefactory bug

KamikaziZombie

Question

Hello, my brother and I have a private offline server that we play on and everything has been working fine. My brother used power converter to convert water power from industrial craft into buildcraft power to power a quarry. Then he shut off the server last night and when we got back in with our characters we fell into darkness and the rei's minimap said it was like at -1600 depth then crashes and gives us the internal exception: java.net.SocetTimeoutException: Read timed out. Any help would be much appreciated!

3 answers to this question

the server should give a large SEVERE error that would help in resolving the issue. otherwise it can be a few different things.

though the logging in and seeing yourself fall forever sounds like its the buildcraft bug that was fixed with a hotfix in this thread: http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=809.msg4036#msg4036

there is also a update to forge in that thread on the second page as well that will fix some errors too. both of these are server side only do not download these on the client. and make sure to delete the prior version of buildcraft from the mods folder on the server, you can just overwrite the forge files in the jar.