Everything is perfect. EXCEPT THIS!

PTMxCh00b

So ive been playing with a couple of friends , im loving it all , weve done Twilight Forest , weve made Frying Pans , Cobalt Pickaxes , We have a bunch of diamonds , giant treehouse , so basicly we have HOURS AND HOURS of gameplay. And i havent seen a single meteor. Ive even camped out the detector spot for hours , no meteors... I hear they have been decreased in frequency , but way to much... I feel like its the one thing missing in this modpack... i want those achievements , i wanna get a decent shield , i want to summon meteors. I CANT. Anyway great modpack , plz fix this.

So ive been playing with a couple of friends , im loving it all , weve done Twilight Forest , weve made Frying Pans , Cobalt Pickaxes , We have a bunch of diamonds , giant treehouse , so basicly we have HOURS AND HOURS of gameplay. And i havent seen a single meteor. Ive even camped out the detector spot for hours , no meteors... I hear they have been decreased in frequency , but way to much... I feel like its the one thing missing in this modpack... i want those achievements , i wanna get a decent shield , i want to summon meteors. I CANT. Anyway great modpack , plz fix this.

There is a config file for this mod that you can edit. You will find it in the config folder inside your hexxit folder on your machine. Open the config folder and look for meteors.cfg open it with notepad or notepad++ (or if you're on a Mac, open it with a pure text editor such as TextWrangler) and adjust the settings. You can get more details on the different config settings by visiting the Falling Meteors thread on minecraftforum.net. The link is below:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/989113-152sspsmpfalling-meteors-modv2102/

also the Hexxit wiki has a little bit of info on Falling Meteors, but it is currently a WIP so it is mostly incomplete. Here is the link for the wiki page:

http://wiki.technicpack.net/Falling_Meteors_Mod

B:"Meteors Only Fall at Night"=false, kitty comet set to 0, meteor shield size increase [meteor deterrence =spacing?/chance of not falling?], and blocking players from calling meteors inside a shield were the only changes.

I only let the meteors fall during the day. I got two meteors near the town I'm using. One was mostly under water.

I think the meteors at night should be the only change you make until you have a meteor shield working. Then, you can safely turn on the kitty comets if you want them.

I like the meteor shield size increase. The smaller size felt oppressive.

You can't make meteors fall just by logging onto a server. You have to change the server config files.

If im playing multiplayer , does the server host have to change that?

Yes, the server host/OP/admin, whoever would need to change that server-side. A client-side change wouldn't affect an SMP setup, only a SSP setup.

• 2 weeks later...