Plummeting Power

ferrettomato

I use two Solar Generators and an Advanced Solar Generator connected to a Basic Energy Cube to power all of my machines. I always have a Charge Pad and a Gun Turret hooked up to it , though the Gun Turret is not always on. I also have a Coercion Deriver and an ME Controller that I occasionally plug in. Sometimes, I plug in my ME Controller without removing the cable that connects to everything else first. I look at the Energy Cube, and the power is rapidly going down. I remove the cable connecting to everything else and it stops plummeting. I put the cable back again and it continues to cease plummeting. I have tried recreating this without the Charge Pad and/or Gun Turret attached, and it still occurs. Why is this happening?

From what you're describing, the power decreases as the ME Controller has an internal battery. When you reconnect it, it consumes a large amount to charge its buffer then stops. Also the ME Controller's "Energy Units" is converted from other power. It uses its own power system so what is indicated is neither MJ's or Joules (Or EU for that matter).

From what you're describing, the power decreases as the ME Controller has an internal battery. When you reconnect it, it consumes a large amount to charge its buffer then stops. Also the ME Controller's "Energy Units" is converted from other power. It uses its own power system so what is indicated is neither MJ's or Joules (Or EU for that matter).
I am aware of the high energy draw when first plugging in the controller, but this is different. I watched the power, and it plummeted for quite a long time without stopping. On top of that, even after I disconnect the controller, the power still keeps depleting until I break the cable connecting to everything else. Breaking the cable connecting to everything else before plugging in the controller averts this.