Possibly a hexxit crash fix (Mac but is prob on PC)

Hello, this is my first post and I have not ready any other posts so sorry if this is kinda a duplicate but I think it is not. I've been crashing lately on startup for hexxit (On mac but this will work for PC probably) and i've possibly found a fix.

1. Go to your technic folder and delete the hexxit folder.

2. Try to launch hexxit (This will crash it but it gives you all the folders and stuff like mods, coremods, etc)

3. Go to the hexxit folder.

4. Manually install forge for 1.5.2(Note: You must be using the old launcher and must have all the normal stuff considering the new 1.6 launcher wont work)

5. run minecraft and exit.

6. Drag and drop the mods, coremods, and config, and chocolate folders into the .minecraft folder.(Note you must have a clean copy of the .minecraft 1.5.2 folder.) (Another thing: If that doesnt work try to drag and drop everything except the bin, saves, and resources folder)

7. Launch minecraft with the old launcher and you should be up and running!

Actually, you only need to move the resources folder from .minecraft over to the Hexxit folder. Apparently, the only reason Hexxit won't launch (or auto-quits) at least for me is an empty resources folder.

Edit: IF YOU ARE READING THIS, IGNORE IT. EVERYTHING I SAID IS WRONG, AND I'M ONLY LEAVING THIS POST HERE SO THE THREAD MAKES SENSE.

• 5 weeks later...

Its been weeks and it actually finally worked. I was FINALLY able to install Optifine on Hexxit it Mac just because this thread. Thank you sooooooooooo much!!! My youtube videos will have Sphax again!!! Thank u thank u thank u

I'm guessing you are using the Minecraft launcher workaround?