Tekkit server / client / mod version mismatch!

ben ogg

Need way more info for instance where exactly are you installing to and are you installing for both the server and client what sys is your server on and what version are you using

Also what sys is you client on and what version are you running

And what mods are you adding

"where exactly are you installing to" - I am using the cut and paste system to paste the url of the mod into the client.

"are you installing for both the server and client" Not for the server - how do you do that?

"what sys is your server on" if you mean machine specs? its a i5 2.? with 4gb of ram

"what version are you using" LOL - well, I have server ver 1.06, client version 1.52, (I just downloaded them both today)

"what mods are you adding" - I tried to add the industrial mod.

"are you installing for both the server and client" Not for the server - how do you do that?

are you hosting a server on your own machine? When you run the technic launcher, it will install the client files; but to run a server, you need to extract the files from here. You run it by running launch.bat (on Windows systems).

"what version are you using" LOL - well, I have server ver 1.06, client version 1.52, (I just downloaded them both today)

this, quite frankly, makes me wonder if you're even running the TechnicLauncher; because the current recommended build of the launcher is 1.06 (which IS based on MC 1.5.2, but isn't usually described in that manner).

"what mods are you adding" - I tried to add the industrial mod.

so are you attempting to add the 'industrial mod' into the Tekkit pack? or are you just copy/paste-ing into your mod folder?

just read this - http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/industrial-craft.45212/ - seems the mod is dead, or buggy / whatever. going to reinstall from scratch (that works fine) - installing that one mod screwed it all up though. The server is on another machine on my local lan - the launcher is on this computer - both work great until i installed that mod. solution: forget this mod / make FULL backups because mods cannot be trusted (?). Not to get off on a rant, and I know this is trivial to you guys, but servers / clients and mods could be so much easier for us noobs if they had a coherent .VER system. 1.0 works with 1.0 - 1.2 needs ver 1.2 mods and a ver 1.2 client. I know what you are going to say - to many people making to much stuff and they will not do this - *shrug* just makes it a nightmare especially for noobs like me.

thanks for the help though!

well I agree that it's all a mystery to me, but that's why I stick to supported packs, like Tekkit. I don't have the energy or inclination to try to customize things.

If you haven't seen this, you might want to give it a look.