MAC: Modpacks won't open properly.

qwerty9823

Question

Launcher Version: 253

Operating System: Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion

Java Version: Java 7 Update 25

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

The techniclauncher open perfectly with all the modpacks etc... When i try opening one of the modpacks it starts downloading it, then opens the game window, opens the FML window, a few seconds later the window just closes...

Error Messages:

http://pastebin.com/hjg17HXM This is the FML log when i tried opening one of the modpacks...

Error Log:

http://pastebin.com/2C2e9SaJ

16 answers to this question

The fix is really easy.

1) Create a folder on your desktop and put your TechnicLauncher inside

2) Create a new text edit file and paste this into it

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ~/Desktop/[FILE NAME GOES HERE]/TechnicLauncher.jar

3) Make the file plaintext (Under format)

4) Save the file as TechnicRun.command

5) Open terminal and type

chmod a+x

Do not press enter

4) drag the TechnicRun.command file into the terminal and press return.

5) PLAY AND HAVE FUN!

This solution evaded me for the longest time. Please please please pass it on to anyone else who is having problems with a mac. It is a hell of a lot easier than trying to downgrade java manually.

Hope this helps!

This solution evaded me for the longest time. Please please please pass it on to anyone else who is having problems with a mac. It is a hell of a lot easier than trying to downgrade java manually.

Hope this helps!

Worked perfectly! Thanks Fido!

Also for anyone else I missed the [FILE NAME GOES HERE] part and didn't type in my folder name like an idiot.

i am having the same problem but this fix isnt working. I am most likely a derp, heres wut i did:

1: made new folder called untitled folder and put techniclauncher inside

2: made textedit file, pasted the code and replaced [file name goes here] with untitled folder

3: saved as TechnicRun.command and put in the folder

4: typed chmod a+x then dragged technicrun.command into terminal and hit enter

it doesnt work. help please

Ive been having the same problem also but when i run the TechnicRun.command it says this:

/Users/nosirrbro/Desktop/Technic/TechnicRun.command: line 1: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf1187cocoasubrtf390: command not found

/Users/nosirrbro/Desktop/Technic/TechnicRun.command: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `}'

/Users/nosirrbro/Desktop/Technic/TechnicRun.command: line 2: `{fonttblf0fnilfcharset0 Consolas;}'

logout

[Process completed]

Hahahahahah. Thoes are the formatting marks from the website.

Make sure your TechnicRun.command file only has the text that is written in the "Code" box above.

Also make sure to replace [FILE NAME GOES HERE] with whatever the name of the file you put everything into

Hey, Im probably just a derp also but I don't know what to do and I really wanna play Tekkit. Im sure I did all the steps right, I have techniclauncher.jar in the folder, but every time I click the TechnicRun.command folder its says

"The file “TechnicRun.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges. To view or change access privileges, select the file in the Finder and choose File > Get Info."

I have the privileges set to read and write for everyone but It still doesn't work.

EDIT: Re-did a few things and now the TechnicRun.command file does open but it says its un able to access the jar file.

Thanks for the help. I was having a similar problem...but not even getting the FML screen...just Technic Launcher starting, then say it was loading mods.

Then would get a blank white splash screen that looked like it was gonna be the Mojang screen, but would just disappear.

I followed the above directions and now have it running.

Thanks again.

Im having sort of the same problem this is what it says whenever I try to login to a modpack Your minecraft installation is corrupt but has been cleaned try to login again if that fails close and restart the application. I am using a mac OS X 10.5.8 please help

On 7/26/2013 at 12:11 AM, Fido488 said:

The fix is really easy.

1) Create a folder on your desktop and put your TechnicLauncher inside

2) Create a new text edit file and paste this into it

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar ~/Desktop/[FILE NAME GOES HERE]/TechnicLauncher.jar

3) Make the file plaintext (Under format)

4) Save the file as TechnicRun.command

5) Open terminal and type

chmod a+x

Do not press enter

4) drag the TechnicRun.command file into the terminal and press return.

5) PLAY AND HAVE FUN!

Hope this helps!

U Lookn So BAE RN TY FOR THE HELP G

3 hours ago, tapaty said:

it says when i try open the terminal "To view or change access privileges, select the file in the Finder and choose File > Get Info." but i have reading a writing privileges 

does anyone know how to fix this?!?

i found out the problem dont worrie :D

now it says in the terminal

Error: Unable to access jarfile /Users/tapaty_to/Desktop/[mine]/TechnicLauncher.jar