problems with lag

Alec Mueller

i have a macbook and i have hexxit but it keeps lagging pretty badly even though i have the newest version of java and LWJGL can anyone help

I have the same issue. I updated both Java and LWJGL to the newest versions, and now I have massive lag that is making the modpack unplayable. Before I would get occasional lag, especially when riding a Chocobo, but now my frames are in the single digits, and only occasionally rise into the teens, and often I will sit for seconds at a time at 0 FPS. I am almost considering reverting back to Java 1.6 and the older build of LWJGL.

Not mention that Optifine is still un-installable.

I have yet to get LWJGL 2.9.0 and Java 7 to yield good frame rates in OS X, and I've tried on three different computers. I'd recommend sticking with Java 6 for as long as you can, until Java 7 is a requirement.

I suspect that LWGJL is the source of the issue, but I can't confirm since Java 7 requires it.

I have yet to get LWJGL 2.9.0 and Java 7 to yield good frame rates in OS X, and I've tried on three different computers. I'd recommend sticking with Java 6 for as long as you can, until Java 7 is a requirement.

I suspect that LWGJL is the source of the issue, but I can't confirm since Java 7 requires it.

Can you post the instructions for how to revert back to Java 1.6? Also the modpack will automatically revert to LWJGL 2.4.2 if it is reset, correct?

Can you post the instructions for how to revert back to Java 1.6? Also the modpack will automatically revert to LWJGL 2.4.2 if it is reset, correct?

If you've installed the Java 7 JDK (current version, Java 7 update 25), it should be a (relatively) simple matter.

1) Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

2) Type: cd /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines

3) Take EXTREME care entering this next line, the wrong path can wipe out a good chunk (most?) of your hard drive if you type the wrong thing. Worst case scenario, but still: sudo rm -rf jdk1.7.0_25.jdk

4) Type your password when prompted.

5) Type java -version to confirm that Java 6 is now responding as the default version.

If that doesn't work, I'll need the results from those steps, as well as the following commands:

which java

ls -la /usr/bin/java

ls -la /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines

As far as reverting LWGJL, I'd try resetting the pack first, but if that doesn't work you'll either have to manually revert it or remove the entire Hexxit directory.

If you've installed the Java 7 JDK (current version, Java 7 update 25), it should be a (relatively) simple matter.

1) Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

2) Type: cd /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines

3) Take EXTREME care entering this next line, the wrong path can wipe out a good chunk (most?) of your hard drive if you type the wrong thing. Worst case scenario, but still: sudo rm -rf jdk1.7.0_25.jdk

4) Type your password when prompted.

5) Type java -version to confirm that Java 6 is now responding as the default version.

If that doesn't work, I'll need the results from those steps, as well as the following commands:

As far as reverting LWGJL, I'd try resetting the pack first, but if that doesn't work you'll either have to manually revert it or remove the entire Hexxit directory.

Well, steps 1 - 4 worked fine…no errors thrown. But step 5 came back with the following error "java -version

-bash: java: command not found" minus the quotes of course.

The which java command doesn't produce any results at all, no errors or response.

The first ls command comes back with /usr/bin/Java -> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/Java and

the second ls command comes back with no named directories and no errors.

Hmm. Well, it looks like your alias is pointing to the (now) defunct Java 7 JDK. Was I working with you in another thread? If so we might just need to reverse the steps I recommended there, and point the java symlink back to the java 6 installation.

Try this:

1) cd /usr/bin

2) sudo rm java

3) sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java java

4) java -version

Hmm. Well, it looks like your alias is pointing to the (now) defunct Java 7 JDK. Was I working with you in another thread? If so we might just need to reverse the steps I recommended there, and point the java symlink back to the java 6 installation.

Try this:

1) cd /usr/bin

2) sudo rm java

3) sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java java

4) java -version

You were, and now I can't recall which thread that was. LOL

Anyway, Steps 1 - 2 worked fine no errors thrown, but step 3 gave the following results ls: java: No such file or directory

32 /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java and just for fun I tried the last step #4 and got the same response back as before.

Here's another source of lag:

2013-07-24 11:39:03 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Entity of class EntityHSSoulLost crashed whe

n getEntityName() was queried, for shame! Using classname instead.

2013-07-24 11:39:03 [iNFO] [sTDERR] If this message is spamming too much for you

r taste set useSimpleEntityClassnames true in your Infernal Mobs config

2013-07-24 11:39:03 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Entity of class EntityHSSoulLost crashed whe

2013-07-24 11:39:03 [iNFO] [sTDERR] If this message is spamming too much for you

2013-07-24 11:39:04 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Entity of class EntityHSSoulLost crashed whe

2013-07-24 11:39:04 [iNFO] [sTDERR] If this message is spamming too much for you

2013-07-24 11:39:04 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Entity of class EntityHSSoulLost crashed whe

2013-07-24 11:39:04 [iNFO] [sTDERR] If this message is spamming too much for you

This is completely hidden in single player. You can only see it in the server window.

You were, and now I can't recall which thread that was. LOL

Anyway, Steps 1 - 2 worked fine no errors thrown, but step 3 gave the following results ls: java: No such file or directory

32 /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java and just for fun I tried the last step #4 and got the same response back as before.

Make sure you are typing this correctly, the output you pasted suggests there might be some incorrect characters in that string.

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java java

LN, not LS

Make sure you are typing this correctly, the output you pasted suggests there might be some incorrect characters in that string.

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java java

LN, not LS

Ok, well this time the command posted above worked. it came back asking for an admin password, which I supplied. After that I again tried the command java -version and still received the error that the command doesn't exist just like before.

Before I was having you issue relative commands, assuming you changed to the proper directory. If you quit terminal, opened a new tab or window, the relative command may not have been effective. Here is the command again with absolute paths:

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java /usr/bin/java

If that doesn't work, go ahead and reinstall Java 6: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

We may still need to fix the symlink, I'm not sure if that installer does it for you.

Before I was having you issue relative commands, assuming you changed to the proper directory. If you quit terminal, opened a new tab or window, the relative command may not have been effective. Here is the command again with absolute paths:

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java /usr/bin/java

If that doesn't work, go ahead and reinstall Java 6: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

We may still need to fix the symlink, I'm not sure if that installer does it for you.

Awesome, that worked. I ran the command had to enter admin password, and then tried java -version again and now am showing 1.6.0_51. Thanks again!