Bio generator setup with ME - Help!

immense

I have several farms setup that feed all of their plants into my ME network. I am looking for the most efficient way to do the following:

1. Break pumpkins & melons into seeds so I can use them in a bio reactor

2. Feed the seeds created in step 1 along with other plants (saplings, potato, carrots etc.) that are also stored in the ME network into my Bio reactor.

For step one I just created crafting patterns and put them into my Molecular Assembler then setup an ME interface to request 1 stack of each type of seed, this seems to be working well.

Step 2 is giving me issues.. I was using an emerald pipe to alternate items out of the ME interface into my Bio reactor however it's very slow. I don't want to use an engine because of heat issues (I realize I can plan for this but I really want to look @ other options first). I also have to build a pipe return back to the ME interface to avoid item overflow when / if the reactor is full.

I am sure I am going about this all wrong, any help the community can provide would be great. I have tried a few other things that have not worked such as trying to export directly to my bio reactor from the ME network.

Here are a few screen shots to make understanding this easier:

V3UNw2s.jpg

I would suggest using a AE precision export bus against your bioreactor, that will allow you to stuff 8 different plant types in. If you want a 9th, add a basic export bus to another side of the bioreactor with another "plant source".

Hope this makes sense.

I would suggest using a AE precision export bus against your bioreactor, that will allow you to stuff 8 different plant types in. If you want a 9th, add a basic export bus to another side of the bioreactor with another "plant source".

Hope this makes sense.

I agree this is a better way to get the items in and I tried it, the problem then become converting the pumpkin / melon to seeds, the interface seems to be the best way to do that but I cannot us the interface with your suggestion since and the export bus will not trigger the crafting of seed from melon / pumpkins.

Do you have a good way to do fruit -> seed conversion (and dump them back into ME)?

Hope this makes sense.

Ignore my last post! I found the "Craft" option on the export bus!

Thanks!

As for other parts, use a Harvester and Fertilizer, both from MFR. The Harvester isn't complex to set up, but the Fertilizer requires Industrial Fertilizer, which comes from animal waste, which is a brown liquid called Sludge. Animal farms can generate quite a bit, so a Sewer can collect all of that for you.