1.6 Minecraft manual install?

Lord Josmar

I am new to Minecraft on the PC and the installation of mods and whatnot. I have the latest version of Minecraft installed onto my computer, but when I open Hexxit it still tells me that it is running off the old version of of game. Can anyone please tell me how to install the new version into Hexxit?

You can't. The mods that hexxit uses haven't been updated for Minecraft 1.6 yet. You don't need 1.6 much anyway - the mods work fine and you miss out on very little by just waiting until the modders have done their stuff and brought everything to the latest version of Minecraft.

You can't. The mods that hexxit uses haven't been updated for Minecraft 1.6 yet. You don't need 1.6 much anyway - the mods work fine and you miss out on very little by just waiting until the modders have done their stuff and brought everything to the latest version of Minecraft.

If you have both the 1.5 and 1.6 minecraft launchers, is there a way to make sure that the Technic launcher will install the modpack to 1.5 and not 1.6? or does it do that automatically?