World Not Loading: Type Mismatch Error / eplus / EnchantingTable / Item 116

rismay

Question

Title: World Not Loading: Type Mismatch Error / eplus / EnchantingTable / Item 116

Version: 1_0_4

Java Version: Client: Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_51-b11-457-11M4509) Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.51-b01-457, mixed mode) Server: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.11.90) (amazon-62.1.11.11.90.55.amzn1-x86_64) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

Description of Problem:

New worlds load fine on Hexxit. However, after rebooting the server, I get a type mismatch error from Forge Mod Loader about a type mismatch error for item 116 due to the eplus mod.

Error Messages:

Mismatched items : {116=(Item 116, Type net.minecraft.block.BlockEnchantmentTable, owned by Minecraft, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null, Item 116, Type eplus.blocks.BlockEnchantTable, owned by eplus, ordinal 0, name tile.enchantmentTable, claimedModId null)}

Error Log:

2013-07-29 22:11:24 [sEVERE] [fml.ItemTracker] FML has detected item discrepancies

2013-07-29 22:11:24 [sEVERE] [fml.ItemTracker] Missing items : {}

2013-07-29 22:11:24 [sEVERE] [fml.ItemTracker] Mismatched items : {116=(Item 116, Type net.minecraft.block.BlockEnchantmentTable, owned by Minecraft, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null, Item 116, Type eplus.blocks.BlockEnchantTable, owned by eplus, ordinal 0, name tile.enchantmentTable, claimedModId null)}

2013-07-29 22:11:24 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Clearing dim cache

2013-07-29 22:11:24 [iNFO] [MapWriter] connection closed

2013-07-29 22:11:25 [iNFO] [MapWriter] connection closed

2013-07-29 22:48:37 [iNFO] [Minecraft-Client] Stopping!

2013-07-29 22:48:37 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] 

2013-07-29 22:48:37 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] SoundSystem shutting down...

2013-07-29 22:48:37 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]     Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com

2013-07-29 22:48:37 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]

8 answers to this question

The error log would suggest that Eplus is either not installed or that someone placed an enchantment table somewhere that's not been converted to the one added/modified by Eplus

I suggest opening the world in MCedit and removing ALL enchantment tables.

Was this world generated pre 1.0.5, or did you not have Eplus engaged at the time?

Thanks for the reply Wolfe.

I'm not familiar with MCedit, but I'll get to it.

I am using the STOCK hexxit configs on an amazon linux server with a Mac OS X client. Brand new AWS server: wget the hexxit server from the site. unzip and run the launch.sh script. A new world is then created. On the Mac, I use the latest techniclauncher and clean Hexxit mod pack download.

However, after you reboot the server (after playing around in the new world and I guess creating an enchanting table) you get the above error. The server can reboot perfectly. However, the client side does not load the world.

Is it safe to remove eplus from the Hexxit modpack? How would I do this? (I'm new to modding)

Derp, of course.

Well, I suppose reïnstalling the server and then trying again hasn't resolved anything, huh?

There's been earlier reports of EPlus crashing clients and servers with this specific problem (116 = missing enchantment table)

I hope that the hexxit team figures out what's going on, they don't seem to be very active in the bug report forum themselves.

You could be able to remove Eplus, but there will be a desync between server and client which will most likely kick people trying to enchant their weapons, so I'd recommend not to.

Could you tell me how you installed the server specifically?

David - thanks for the help thus far. Do you work for Technic/Hexxit team or are you just a fan?

I created a new amazon EC2 instance (small). It comes with Java pre installed.

Then I ONLY run the following commands.

mkdir hexxit

cd hexxit

wget http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/hexxit/Hexxit_Server_v1.0.5.zip

unzip Hexxit_Server_v1.0.5.zip

chmod +x ~/hexxit/launch.sh

sudo ~/hexxit/launch.sh

I guess I'm going to have to play Hexxit without enchanting weapons, but isn't that what Hexxit is mainly about?

Just a fan that has nothing better to do with their free time other than staring at their significant other playing Guild Wars all day.

What the heck? It appears that the config file is 3 versions old for some reason. I was about to blame Mac, but this must be an oversight.

Open your server folder and go into the config files.

Do me a favour and see if slapping THIS file in (rename it to eplus.cfg) instead of eplus.cfg works, I'm intrigued.

http://puu.sh/3QCRB.cfg