"Already Tessellating" Error

Player863

Question

Title: Already Tessellating Error

Version: 1_0_4

Java Version: Version 7, Update 25 (build 1.7.0_25-b17)

Description of Problem:

After I leave my pocket dimension (courtesy of Dimensional Doors), I'm confronted with the error posted below. Exiting a Nether Portal or loading the world from the Main Menu do not provide the same response.

I can provide a world save if needed.

Note(s):

- A noteworthy occurrence: after entering the overworld from the DimDoor but before it throws the error at me, entities render (such as creepers and endermen) and the player renders, but the world itself does not.

- May be relevant (from the error log):

OpenGL: IntelĀ® HD Graphics GL version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2189, Intel

PLEASE READ:

- My Hexxit version as stated in the Technic Launcher is ACTUALLY 1.0.5, but that's not a selectable option for some reason. Perhaps I'm misinformed?

Error Messages:

Error Log:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already tesselating!

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.func_78371_b(Tessellator.java:481)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.func_78382_b(Tessellator.java:471)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemRenderer.func_78439_a(ItemRenderer.java:173)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemRenderer.renderItem(ItemRenderer.java:129)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.ItemRenderer.func_78440_a(ItemRenderer.java:505)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78476_b(EntityRenderer.java:769)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1738)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1122)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:871)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:760)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

4 answers to this question

I usually run into this when coming back from the twilight forest in a chunk that was loaded before to find my base destroyed.

Could you give me some more information about your installation?

Are you running optifine, by chance?

What's your version of Java?

Did you notice anything around you 'changing' after you come out of your portal?

I am running Optifine, yes: version HD_U_D5. A quick test without it does not give me the "Already Tessellating" error - the world loads fine without it.

My Java is 64-bit.

As far as I can tell, every last block remains the same after the error is thrown.

My first thought was that it was a concrete conflict between OptiFine and DimDoors, but after starting up a Superflat world, placing a DimDoor, entering it, and exiting it, everything loaded fine. There's definitely a third culprit here, but I can't tell what.

Optifine has been said to cause this crash when 'connected textures' is on, however I have yet to test this personally.

Try playing with the graphics setting or turning everything to default (Advanced OpenGL off?)

I believe one of the fixes in Hexxit automatically does some of the features Optifine has (like connected textures?) and they do this twice on the same block giving you this error.

Though, it's all speculation and a part of google searches, so I have nothing really solid to sustain this.