My Tekkit flashes in game?

copcia77

I tried recording, but my recorder acts as if it didnt happen. Like, I'll be playing and all of a sudden if freaks the heck out flashing almost as if Steve is having an epileptic seizurre and is blinking alot.

It'll do it more than most sometimes, like last night it was fine, but the day before that, more epileptic seizures.

I have a moster rig I game on, including ArmA2, DayZ, GarrysMod, CounterStrike:Source.

CPU/Chipset

• 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

Operating System

• Windows 8 64

Memory

• 8GB (DDR3)

Graphics

• NVIDIA® GeForce® GT750M GDDR5 2GB

Dimensions

• 15.2 x 10.2 x 0.6 - 1.4"

Camera

• High-Sense 720p HD webcam

Display

• 15.6" HD display (16:9 widescreen) (1366x768) (220 NIT)

Weight

• 5.95 lbs. with 6-cell battery

ODD

• DVD reader/writer
  • Blu-ray Disc™ drive

I/O Ports

• 2 USB 3.0 ports
  • 1 USB 2.0 port
  • 6-in-1 card reader (SD, SD-Pro, MMC, MS, MS-Pro, XD)
  • Headphone jack
  • Mic jack
  • VGA
  • HDMI
  • RJ-45

Storage

• 1TB (5,400 rpm)

So Help me out Please??? I love Tekkit, always have, and now that I am able to play it on 150+ FPS on everything High when it decides to not freak out, I want to always play it.

Thanks

You would have installed it in addition, my guess is you have not. Update your video drivers.

turn graphics to fast, then to fancy to see if the problem happens one way or not the other.

I notice you got the i7, 750 m combo. I had a friend with this and ingame textures would flash, setting multithreading to off fixed it. I also set another option above it in the nvidia control panel that had to do with multiple monitors. I set it to just one, the main one. this was a few months back and i cant remeber the details.

i thought it was from optifine in my case, but maybe its just a 750m weirdity.

You can figure it out, mess around in the nvidia control panel game submenu settings and keep trying.

Man thi is my first gaming laptop. I have built desktoops and sold them, but this is my first Nvidia maachine, so you gotta help me out along the way.

I optimised DayZ to work by following this guide>> http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38865-how-to-increase-fpssmooth-out-the-game/

So you have to instruct mee what to do fromm there. That guide taught me some new thingss about nVidia but I still need help.

And yes, me and your friend have the same problem. Im having to play on low unless it flickers. Almost llike Im blinking. I can handle running thiss game at Extreme, optiffine wise, but I need to fix tthe flickering first.

Thank you in advance. Sorry for any letter thatt duplicates itself, thatss a bug in the keyboad I need to update.

Sounds like you didn't even try. Go into the NVidia control panel in the lower left corner of the desktop, and look for the setting that has to do with multithreading, all I remember is it was under game settings in the NVidia control panel. TRY. You may surprise yourself.

Threaded Optimization - Auto to off

if that doesn't work TRY something else. the main thing is keep TRYING.

So I turned off Hyperthreading. (Control Panel>nVidia>Graphics>Threaded Optimization to Off) and got significant results. Then it started happening again.

To clarify what its doing a little better, it almost looks as if someone is repeatedly pressing the F1 key and turning the HUD on and off while white flashes randomly occur.

My computer was specifically bought to play Tekkit with a High Res Text. Pack which i canto install until this problem is resolved, and to play DayZ. Right now Im very unsatisfied and have been playing DayZ more than I wanted to. I've donated a total of 10$ to Technic so far, back in the 1.2.5 stage, so please, help me.

did you change the multi monitor setting to single display? Did you check if the multithreading was still off?

Does it do it with NO texture pack? How high of a texture pack are you trying to use? You laptop may be powerful, but its still a laptop. You may not be able to run a 512 textures.

Did you update your video drivers?

And the technic team doesnt take donations. You donated to the modders that made the mods technic put together.

1- Yes

2- I got Optifine, and 64x Sphaxx, no problems after that. But when I turn on default, it starts its crap again.

3-64x

4-Not running a 512x

5- First day I got my lappy 16 days ago I did.

7- Yes, you're right, I equally split it up between 20 different Modders.

Its working for now, thank you, Gigafunk. If there is anyway I can show my appreciation let me know. (No butsex)

-Tanner