No Industrial craft in Tekkit?

hollowpetal

I'm sort of trying to wrap my head around tekkit. Most of the guides I've been seeing for machines, require machine blocks requiring refined iron. I cannot make refined Iron (Smelt Iron ingots in a furnace) I've been messing around all day trying to resolve various tekkit issues (most are my fault). Do I have to install industrial craft or what? And how does this relate to my server? I'm getting really confused and irritated trying to do simple things. I know I'm gonna post this now and find out how I've messed this up before anyone replies o_O

• Moderators

IC2 is dead, Technic has moved on with other, more living mods.

Which modpack are you playing that requires refined iron? The Technic's official wiki page might help on whatever you wish to build, but it mentions nothing about refined iron on the newer modpacks.

Tekkit Lite and Classic has IC2. Are you playing those on the server?

Thanks for the link to the wiki, I think I was using one that was outdated/wrong, my main issue is that because I'm completely new to tekkit, tekkit isn't exactly simple in it's own right and then trying to find help/tuts and projects is really hard because there is Tekkit lite and classic and searching for tekkit help gets me a bunch of tekkit classic stuff, I just have no idea what I'm doing. Hopefully the wiki will help, but if it doesn't I think I'm gonna have to switch to tekkit classic or give up on tekkit, because unless this wiki + the few youtube vids help me, I just can't get my head around tekkit (my server runs 1.0.6 btw).

I hope that all makes sense, if just been in such a bad place trying to get everything working, it triggering my anxiety and at one point I booted almost everyone from my server because they were giving me the irits.