Good specs for a small tekkit server?

joeyp2k

If you can re-install the OS, and upgrade the ram then do it. You could get 8gbs for around 50 bucks. 4gbs will work for 3 people but with 667MHz you wont be processing much fast. The price for 4gbs to 8gbs is so small it doesn't make much sense to get fast 4gbs of ram.

If you can re-install the OS, and upgrade the ram then do it. You could get 8gbs for around 50 bucks. 4gbs will work for 3 people but with 667MHz you wont be processing much fast. The price for 4gbs to 8gbs is so small it doesn't make much sense to get fast 4gbs of ram.

Would these specs be noticably better? I have another computer but its not much different.

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Download 42.29

Upload 11.24

yes that one is better though he's right more ram would be recoomended to bad the ram is diff or you could just add some fromt he other one to the one you gonna use though for 3 ppl 2 gig allocated should be okay thats what we run on our server with up too 5 ppl on at a time no issues

you might consider getting mcmyadmin its really worth it for server manage ment it will auto back up and auto run any command you want plus it makes perms super easy

Yes that will run the sever just fine. I would still reinstall the OS. I dont know why this happens. But when computers get old they slow down a lot. Part of it is cause the hard drive is a mess of files, so a OS reboot really helps you.

If you aren't playing Tekkit on the same computer you are running the server on, I don't think you need that much RAM.

I have a hosted server with 1gb of RAM and I have 6-7 people playing at the same time with not performance issues. Maybe they are doing something different in the background, I don't know, but I think the CPU is the key part of how many players can play at the same time as each player would have their own thread running in the CPU.