Setting up a Hexxit server! <Fix crashes, dupe glitches, griefs & more> <UPDATED!>

BAILEY16

• 2 weeks later...

Is the better dungeons still valid with 1.07?

I'm having more problems with Battletowers spawning very close to each other and overloading the servers RAM. Do you have a solution for that other than trying to increase distance between them?

On my current server they are spawning within 50 blocks sometimes despite the distance being 850 in the config.

EDIT: on my 1.0.7 Server I now banned the following items because they crash the Server.

Enderbow - Still not fixed

Box (Artifice mod) - Crashes server with the following message every time a box is filled

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/input/Keyboard

at shukaro.artifice.item.BoxCraftingHandler.onCrafting(BoxCraftingHandler.java:28)

Is the better dungeons still valid with 1.07?

I'm having more problems with Battletowers spawning very close to each other and overloading the servers RAM. Do you have a solution for that other than trying to increase distance between them?

On my current server they are spawning within 50 blocks sometimes despite the distance being 850 in the config.

EDIT: on my 1.0.7 Server I now banned the following items because they crash the Server.

Enderbow - Still not fixed

Box (Artifice mod) - Crashes server with the following message every time a box is filled

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/input/Keyboard

at shukaro.artifice.item.BoxCraftingHandler.onCrafting(BoxCraftingHandler.java:28)

I think I fixed the exact problem you had with the BoxCraftingHandler issue by disabling all custom colored workbenches. The battletower issue has never occurred to me, perhaps you should try using TerrainControl generation to make it work, however it would disable the battletower golem on top of all towers, which might ruin the idea of a battletower :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on the step where I need to download MCPC+, and it says [Optional] First off, install MCPC+ to your server by going to HERE and downloading a build for 1.5.2. Then rename it to Hexxit.jar and replace it with your current Hexxit.jar file.

- Restart your server!

Where is the download link? I tried clicking HERE and [Optional]?

Help!

Updated adding storage craters - they duplicate like hell :(
'

what storage crates are your referring to? what is the item id? how do they dupe. if its the one you can stack in any kind of way. I tried several times to dupe on my own server, and I couldn't. is it because im admin so I can dupe?

I like the storage crates, so i'd like to keep. could you explain the dupe process so I can test out..maybe the fixed in 1.0.10?

Also the "bag" dupe seems to be fixed. I knw about that one. and cant seem to get it to work.

You also want to add Emprore's chalice. it bypasses protections and greifs spawn with infinite water.(people don't need it anyway..)

as for the gun..just use either Factions or worldguard and turn of TNT or explosions. I use factions and turned off Explosions for safezone areas.

and the gun as no effect. but it works good for people who are trieing to raid on the PVP world I have setup. It just does nothing on the Main world I have setup.

you should consider re-wording the info about the gun...its a fun gun :)

Also, I found a work around for the bettedungeons crashing servers....

Disable in MCPC.yml file. then...manually place ploppable plans while in createive in various places. and it works fine. makes it so people can still enjoy the dungeons mod and get the rare loot...but wont crash your server.

Consider NOT setting the Config for betterdungeons to anything lower the 450 it will cause extreme lag. and waaayyyy to many dungeons all over the place.

making it far to easy to get epic loot.

• 1 month later...

So I'm sorry for not updating the thread in a while, but unfortunately I have bad news. There is a huge duplication glitch in TinkersConstruct's items which I will not mention how to do it, but there are plenty of people who know about it and they aren't afraid of abusing it. Currently, not even big servers have managed to fix this bug, but I found a pretty easy solution to this and I'll update shortly. For the time being.. Banning TinkersConstruct is the easy way out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, any idea how to get rid of chocopedias from hexxit?

ive been looking thru configs, but im not seeing it the id number anywhere (5743 for me)

yea, it rapidly crashed my server 3 different times today. I tired to find a comman thread, in the

crash files, but the players were different on each crash. locations were diffrnt on each crash.

it just crashed, when someone attempted to rightclick a chocopedia.

ive gone thru lots of configs, I cant find how it enters into hexxit.

the only thing I can think of is to use item restric to remove from world.?.

Hey man, any idea how to get rid of chocopedias from hexxit?

ive been looking thru configs, but im not seeing it the id number anywhere (5743 for me)

yea, it rapidly crashed my server 3 different times today. I tired to find a command thread, in the

crash files, but the players were different on each crash. locations were diffrnt on each crash.

it just crashed, when someone attempted to rightclick a chocopedia.

ive gone thru lots of configs, I cant find how it enters into hexxit.

the only thing I can think of is to use item restric to remove from world.?.

I'd use TekkitCustomizer - works fine with hexxit.

ive actually used tekkitCustomize based on your recommendations,

however there appers to be a conlict maybe with essentials plugin?

cause everytime server auto restarts, the customizer config flile is reset.

meaning, any hexxit items I added, are removed.

Item Restric works really well though, it prevents it from being picked up or owned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personnaly I've been using Item restrict it works really well. plus, you can use it in conjuction with Pex to allow items be used in some worlds yet, banne in others. I tried BANITEM. which works well to. but it spams chat.

Yah, if you're a modifyworld fan that should work good.

ive never heard of modifworld. plugin? I use multiverse. what I did was ban on those greif items in the non-greifing worlds yet allowed them in the other worlds. so in this way, I was able to un-ban almost everything (excpt the ones that crash the server)

ive been testing the crafting tables that you say are dupe issues. how do you replicate? im not finding any info and not able to replicate the dupe glitch. I have temp banned them based on your recommendation, but there dosnt apper to be any youtube vids, or info anywhere on how to duplicate using the tninkers crafting tables.

• 3 weeks later...

ive never heard of modifworld. plugin? I use multiverse. what I did was ban on those greif items in the non-greifing worlds yet allowed them in the other worlds. so in this way, I was able to un-ban almost everything (excpt the ones that crash the server)

ive been testing the crafting tables that you say are dupe issues. how do you replicate? im not finding any info and not able to replicate the dupe glitch. I have temp banned them based on your recommendation, but there dosnt apper to be any youtube vids, or info anywhere on how to duplicate using the tninkers crafting tables.

I'll keep that private until someone decides to publicly expose it. It involves moving away from the table while browsing it (using spiderhooks, minecarts, titanbans, lava, water just mentioning a few)

Edited by BAILEY16