HUNDREDS OF BATS CAUSING LAG!!!

shpuc

Someone please help! I was returning from mystcraft age and suddenly hundreds and hundreds of bats appeared causing me to lag very badly,1 frame per 5-10 seconds. I have tried commands like /butcher and /kill all but they dont work. And that stupid bats are under ground,i cant move because of lag but i see them on Reis minimap. Is there anything i can do,please help me i play SP and had spent a lot of time in that one world. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

If it's a unique occurance and nowhere near anything important, get a nuke and nuke the landmass where they are. If you cant do that,keep running until they despawn. If you cant actually do anything in half-way decent time,try reloading the world (Exit and rejoin the map) and do what you need to before everything loads. Also,try reducing rendering range and setting everything to the minimum to help increase framerate until the issue is dealt with. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I always have the same problem since I like to build underground. What I did was run a solar panel down to an MFSU that feeds into a tesla in my caverns, but that could be simply done on the surface. You can watch any tutorial on YouTube about Tesla Coils to find out how to set up filters, range upgrades, speed upgrades and how not to kill yourself using one (I recommend MindCrafters).

I have been having a problem with filters interconnecting, but I figured out a decent solution with one filter plugged in. I have an item token, animal token and player token all in the 3 vertical slots 3rd from the right in the filter GUI (would post a pic but can't figure it out, pop on an email if you want me to send them to you). Then I put in a difference token in the 2nd slot from the right to tell the tesla coil the opposite of what the other tokens would be telling it to do, which would be to target specifically all items, all* animals and players. Telling it to do the opposite of that list lets me raise *cows, pigs, chickens, wolves, etc. as well as not obliterating any dropped items or myself. This will, however, target iron golems, snow golems, villagers, all hostile mobs and squid. Oh, and bats. Every flippin' bat in its attack radius.

Keep in mind that tesla coils, even without lots of upgrades, require tremendous amounts of power especially when not playing in peaceful, targeting hostile mobs and it's nighttime. Also, constructed without care, these machine will completely destroy anything and everything you hold dear. This includes yourself, your items, your friends and your pets. It also has the potential to act as a barrier to you trying to return to your base by zapping you unless you build in a fail-safe.

Hope that this helps.

• 2 weeks later...