Offline Mode and Usernames

TruePikachu

At my college, I keep running into the problem of offline mode; the username assumed by myself is different online and offline.

This creates problems for me in many areas:

* Permissions on Forestry blocks

* Frequency list for Wireless Redstone

* Tesserect permissions and list (?)

* (In theory) Trade-O-Mat and Personal Safe

* (Potentially) Skin

Is there any known working solution for this? I've already tried one mod to fix it, but it didn't seem to help.

(For some reason, the Edit functionality isn't working for me ATM; the text area goes blank and is uneditable)

I _do_ have the capability of setting a proxy on the system, providing I'm able to SSH into my server (proxy over SSH FTW). I'm normally able to do this, but I tend to have problems where there is no network connection. However, Minecraft doesn't seem to like the use of proxies.

Another 'solution' I came up with is suspending the javaw.exe process, but this is not only unreliable (I've noticed it doesn't always resume correctly), but also doesn't take care of situations where I need to restart Tekkit itself (crashes, reactor monitoring equipment malfunctions, config changes).

Found an...odd solution to change the username. Apparently trying to "log in" with the desired username (rather than your e-mail address) works. Not as automatic as I hoped for, but w/e

Any solution for the offline skin, short of replacing Steve? in the files?

Any solution for the offline skin, short of replacing Steve? in the files?

only way to change offline is to open minecraft.jar with Winrar or another archiver that can handle jar files

then go through mob/ and change or overwrite char.png

edit: it may also work it you create your own texturepack zip with your new skin in mob/char.png (but i havent tested this)

best of luck :D