Tips for Running a Tekkit Classic Server

rcmaehl

Change whenfull="drop" to whenfull="destroy"

• This causes items to be destroyed instead of dropped which would cause your server to lag.

That is wrong ^

Not sure when that was added to this list but it wont work like that alone and "destroy" is not an option for it.

What you should do it replace:

tubebuffer {
            length=-1
            whenfull="drop"
        }

With:

tubebuffer {
            length=1
            whenfull="vanish"
        }

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Proof of how this works and why it works is in the mod itself, just open the RedPower mod with WinRAR or 7Zip and look at the info that pops up with it :) It explains the config and all the updates :D Very helpful!

Edited by Catch22

Change whenfull="drop" to whenfull="destroy"

• This causes items to be destroyed instead of dropped which would cause your server to lag.

That is wrong ^

Not sure when that was added to this list but it wont work like that alone and "destroy" is not an option for it.

What you should do it replace:

tubebuffer {

length=-1

whenfull="drop"

}

With:

tubebuffer {

length=1

whenfull="vanish"

}

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Proof of how this works and why it works is in the mod itself, just open the RedPower mod with WinRAR or 7Zip and look at the info that pops up with it :) It explains the config and all the updates :D Very helpful!

I must have read the config wrong. It's fixed now.

Edited by rcmaehl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Question to readers: Should I upload a pre-optimized server pack so people don't have to edit their files manually?

Every time I change my config file it doesn't generate me a world folder or the ops, ban folder and such, just the forge stuff. Mind helping me out please??? I have already configured the file mutiple times and it keeps happening.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

When ever I start hexxit it says  File version.json not found in C:\Users\my name\AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks\hexxit\bin\modpack.jar .

Also when I put RAM into the Technic Launcher It only Uses like 5% of what i give