Technic launcher how it launches mc (cant think of the right name for this)

Mattzz

still nothing?

also BurningCake,

Technic is a jar file, what it does is it launches the minecraft.jar in the "%appdata%/.technic/<Modpackname>/bin/"

to make minecraft.jar login it launches a certain class file. best way to understand this is to learn some java. now it launches that class file with certain

arguments and i dont know what class it is. either the arguments are the user and pass or the user and session id (the default minecraft.exe i think does the authentication then passes it on to the jar). any one know please reply, if you dont know what you talking about or how it does it dont bother

I don't claim to know how the launcher works, but it probably runs org.spoutcraft.launcher.ModpackBuild.class from technic-launcher.jar after the update check's done, which probably combines minecraft.jar with modpack.jar, then it runs the combined files. As I said, I have nothing to do with the actual launcher, I just gave the .jar's innards a quick look with 7Zip.

i highly suggest not using 7zip to check it, in the technic 6 ssp tab scroll down a little and you will see the git hub link, it has all the files (classes and jars) all setup for eclipse and viewing. if theres something that is easy and accessible, use it :)

i highly suggest not using 7zip to check it, in the technic 6 ssp tab scroll down a little and you will see the git hub link, it has all the files (classes and jars) all setup for eclipse and viewing. if theres something that is easy and accessible, use it :)

Oh yeah. Upon actually reading the source ModpackBuild is for determining what version the modpack is. Nevermind me then!

This seems like a perfect question to ask in the Technic Launcher forum.

ill attempt to delete this one (if i can) and redo it in the launcher cat otherwise it would be nice if someone with the permissions could possibly delete it for me *hint hint*