Increase max permgen gone

Lt_jimdangle

I just had to redownload my launcher and i go to the settings (gear on top right) to check the box but its no longer there it does have the ram scroll down but no boxes to check besides launcher builds?

Did it move or is something wrong?

also when i launch a modpack ussally the launcher disappears and the minecraft screen pops up, but now when i launch the pack the launcher doesnt disappear and minecraft launches like normal idk if this is another problem im haven or what?

edit: this must be a problem because i am able to keep launching packs even tho they are already launched because the launcher doesnt disappear!

Okay so you say its aalways on but then why was there a box to check like a week ago now its gone because when i checked that box it would decrease my lag/choppy movement and now that its gone im all choppy and almost unplayable even tho im running at 60 FPS i know thats nothing crazy but that was more then enough for me to play smoothly!

I'm getting the same problem. It doesn't seem to be active any more since I had this problem before the update and was suggested to turn on "increase max permgen" which solved the problem. now that it's no longer an option, the problem has resurfaced.

I am experiencing the same issue. Since the launcher update a couple of days ago the launcher no longer closes automatically after I launch a game instance, and I am experiencing incredibly low framerates which make the game essentially unplayable. I had previously used the Increase Max Permgen option to resolve this issue.

My RAM allocation is set to 2 GB, and according to the console my -XX:MaxPermSize=256m.

On OS X, allocated 3gb of ram, latest Java, have deleted previous technic folder for fresh install.

ever since launcher update, no longer able to increase max permgen and same problem as OP, launcher will not disappear as it used to after minecraft was launched and now any modpack I play decreases my FPS to <20. Previous to this launcher update, Hexxit (as well as other modpacks) ran quite smoothly. But since last week, it's been simply unplayable. Halp.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add to this. I've been playing Big Dig and its horribly laggy after 10-15 minutes and from what I've read on the forum, increasing permgen is supposed to fix it. Since the option is gone, I can't try it to see if it fixes the issue.

• 5 weeks later...

I hate this, i used to be able to play my favorite modpack, up until two days ago it ran fine. now my increase permgen option is gone and the modpack i loved only loads as a square chunk, i cant do anything inside the chunk nothing loads outside the chunk, and no matter how i change the settings it stays the same. all my other modpacks are really laggy even though i am running with 6 gigs.