[Hexxit 1.0.7]Phoenix-Temple[PvE][10 slots][open to all]

Thliarisse

Greetings and thank you for checking out my server. I currently am the only administrator and operator of this server, I have dedicated a fair amount of time to setting up what i hope to be a unique ranking system. I would like to have some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about my system and hope to develop it more.

IP: play-phoenix-temple.is-found.org

{ip is subject to change as soon as i have money for a new domain name}

Rules: Mostly just have fun, but be considerate and respectful. There may be younger players on.

I have 2 daughters of my own and would like to keep the atmosphere appropriate for them.

Also, and obviously, no griefing, i have grief prevention installed and no banned mods or items but that could change.

Plugins: I have stopped useing Grief Prevention and have gone to Factions. Clear Lagg which removes ground items every 15 minutes, try to be mindful of that, items can get deleted mistakenly. I also am using AutoRank in conjuction with Skript. This is for my Ranking system and a few other smaller things that players may notice are unique. For Ex. Breaking glass and glass panes now returns the glass and panes to the players, rather than losing the item. There are other features but it is always more fun to explore and learn than just to be told how to do everything.

Availability: I intend for the server to be up 24/7, unless pc restarts or miscellaneous crashing occurs. The server restarts once a day at 3am central time. That is GMT -6.

Mostly I hope to provide a fun atmosphere and in return, obtain some nice criticism of my ranking system and hope to develop it further. Server hosting, donations, website. All these things are possible given positive feedback and helpful players. IF/AS the server grows, I will be looking for people to fulfill future roles as admins, mods, builders, web admins, and such. Again, thank you for checking out my server.

I like your mindset, I assume your server is local host. I myself was looking to do something like this (I have 3 computers to work with) but I never had the time (or the motivation), when your server isn't full I look forward to checking it out! I hope it's going well.

Regards

~Dewd

I got on your server and stayed on for quite awhile, I really like the rank system you have. The skills are a great idea, I can't wait to see what you release next. I also like the multi path system, it's pretty neat.

One thing that really put me into your server was that greifing is not a feature. Many servers say hey look you can make other people angry here! Where you're a single needle in the hay stack that is different. Again, I really enjoy your server I can't wait to see what comes next!

Regards

~Dewd

@vexsanity: Unfortunately it was down at the time you posted, Ender bow has been causing many crashes, but it is fixed and up and running now, feel free to check it out.

@Rdewd: Well thank you again and if you have any ideas that you would like to share, I would really like to hear them.

Just wanted to give an update on a few things that have changed. I had to remove Dimensional Doors as it was causing major lag issues. Ender bow has been banned due to constant crashing. Will be exchanging Grief Prevention for Factions as it has been requested by majority of players. Considering adding a random teleportation plugin to spread people out away from spawn better. Most things near spawn or relatively close have been cleaned out now. Feed back regarding the teleportation addition would by highly appreciated. Also, i will be adding in Dynmap for use with Factions as it provides a visual reference to where faction borders are.

That's awesome. I know a few other items that cause crashes should also be banned. I think your server is a wonderful server and I really enjoy playing on it. I really hope that one day as the server is starting to get bigger maybe adding a site or free forums so that members know where to go with a problem. Or if the server is down and they don't know why...like now for example. Hah :P Just throwing that out there. Maybe we can all pitch in and get this server up and running with more slots ? I mean if you'd be interested in doing that.

Well I'm sorry it was down. I have got it back up and running. @bree I would totally like to grow the server. I am working on a free forums type set up until I can get a better site figured out. As soon as the forums site is ready I will set it in the motd message.

Hey Thli was hoping you could check this out

Optional prevention of obsidian generator exploit, which converts redstone wire to obsidian. New setting "handleExploitObsidianGenerators" (enabled by default) to determine whether it's prevented or not. Some servers might want to disable this prevention, to keep it as a viable obsidian creation method. Thanks to ObGenBlocker and WorldGuard plugins for the prevention method.

I was able to create obsidian using redstone before you added factions so if it's ok, could you turn it back on? I think when you installed factions it disabled this method for making obsidian.

Well I'm sorry it was down. I have got it back up and running. @bree I would totally like to grow the server. I am working on a free forums type set up until I can get a better site figured out. As soon as the forums site is ready I will set it in the motd message.

Hey there :} I hope you're not sad Thli, I decided to create my own Hexxit server so that I could play with more of my friends and family. Also I had a lot of lagg problems on your server, and I'm not saying it's a bad server. It's really great! I like it lots but the problem might have been because you were hosting it yourself. That's not a problem at all and I resepct you a lot. BTW! I'm not advertising so don't think I am :P But if you would like to talk to me more about this? Maybe get involved with my server as well? Please let me know. My email is [email protected] and skype is ladyandthebean Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. I had a great time on your server.

A tip that might help are this:

Ip and Username comparison. Check if a user Ip is repeated multiple times, and if the username has changed, you might have found who hacked. (A server mod can used to prevent that by saving our account name to our IP.)

Placed items usage/breakage/placage names: idk, if it's a server mod or similar, but some tools can be used to check names of the one that used the items by left/right clicking them.

The Greifer lives with you... Well it can happen. So might change that password.

- (someone today was on the console the other time saying "mwahahahaha" cuz of the rain that was nearly constant)

The greifer can be another Admin

World has been rolled back 12 hours. This places the world before the griefing occurred to the best of my ability to determine. I have added Plugins that will allow me to track ALL user actions from this point forward. If any suspicious activity is noticed, I will be able to trace it. IF there are any players who have experience with tracing grief, I would really like to speak to them so I may be able to learn more about how to track events. I do apologize for the situation.

ok ty very much

World has been rolled back 12 hours. This places the world before the griefing occurred to the best of my ability to determine. I have added Plugins that will allow me to track ALL user actions from this point forward. If any suspicious activity is noticed, I will be able to trace it. IF there are any players who have experience with tracing grief, I would really like to speak to them so I may be able to learn more about how to track events. I do apologize for the situation.