If the Technic "launcher" was updated...

adam1972

why would my Hexxit suddenly stop functioning? For one thing.. on my mac, I had the launcher using Java 6.. NOW it crashes with an illegal memory access if I use it. So.. I use the technic Launcher Jar file and it launches with no error.. (using Java 7)... But the screen is corrupt when Hexxit loads up. okey doke. Found a workaround for that.. full screen. So I go and load up all the mods I use on my server... (this is after making sure Hexxit loads up to at least the "Single Player" "Multiplayer" menu). Now it takes FOREVER to load... I'm not even sure it's going to load.. For example I added the Pixelmon mod a couple months back and my 2 boys have been loving it (Hexxit/Pixelmon).. but as of yesterday.. wow... a simple "Launcher" update jacked everything up.. Anyone have any possible solutions?

Ill add a bit more.. Just found that if I wait about 10 minutes it will load.. While I'm at the options screen (as long as I've got the screen maximized the edges of the window appear smeary but I can see the buttons); the whole thing starts to run like a slideshow... CPU goes through the roof and sooner or later I get the spinning globe and it crashes.

Anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

Maybe an old version of the launcher... I'll look to see if I have a copy... somewhere..

*Research complete*

The new launcher uses a different Directory structure. It introduced the Modpacks folder.

Simply put you need to move your .technicHexxit folder to .technicmodpacksHexxit as this is now the folder for Hexxit.

Thanks for the suggestion :) . Didn't work though ... OSX, launcher buid 290, using "recommended 1.0.7".. I presume the "latest" 1.0.8 is the one that creates the modpacks folder as the 5 different times I've deleted the technic folder completely; it rebuilds it with the Hexxit folder located in the original spot within the Technic folder. I even tried creating a modpacks folder earlier just to see if there was a glitch and it just redownloaded all the Hexxit files again and recreated the Hexxit folder in the same spot.

I'm using 1.0.7.

If you are unsure what folder your Hexxit is now using start it up, in the Main Menu go to Options ... Texture Packs ... and click Open Texturepack folder. That will show you where your Hexxit is starting from and where your mods have to go. If this didnt change then something else is wrong and I have no idea at the moment what it might be.

Edit: Check your Java version, if it isnt the latest get the latest build.