Glowstone Bricks gone?

mabpwnu

I "updated" to 1.1.8. just dragged and dropped the files from the zip file i downloaded. the server files, 1.1.8. Loaded up the server and all the blocks that were glowstone bricks, are all empty now as if someone just deleted them. When i try to spawn them it says the item doesnt exist

well to be honest. i was having issues with my server. I JUST bought it a few days ago and used filezilla to upload everything. I was originally running the server on my own computer. The server uses multicraft. It let me choose what .jar i wanted to load and i chose the minecraft_server.jar. im no pro when it comes to this stuff so im sorry if im missing some information. I was trying to have it run the batch file but i doubt i need it to run that since im not hosting the server myself. This is what i did step by step

Uploaded EVERYTHING i was using for myserver. the whole folder. Then noticed there was an update so i downloaded the update and uploaded all the files that i downloaded (from the zip file). Changed my multiraft to make it load the .jar file i wanted, and i thought it was suppose to load the Tekkit.jar file but it wouldnt start the server so i used the minecraft_server.jar that came with the download. Loaded up the server and it loaded fine. Went in game and all those blocks were missing. in NEI it shows the blocks, but when i try to spawn them it wont let me. Says they dont exist

You need to run Tekkit.jar for that stuff to work I'm afraid. I had a similar problem when I first bought my hosted server as I FTP'd everything over. Make sure you still have your world folder on another hdd and then run launch.bat or ask the host to do it, depending on who you're with. After that you can load your old world and there shouldn't be any problems.

OK so i get this correct, I need to run the Tekkit.jar. And since i tired using THAT jar file and the server wouldnt run, i need to have the Server Hosting company make it so it runs the batch file that i upload? sorry im still a bit lost :P'

IF i could get a sorta "step by step" guide on what i need to do and ask my server host id be SUPER GRATEFUL :)

You, or them, need to run launch.bat as if you were starting a brand new server with Tekkit.jar being the .jar file being run (ie the only one in that folder). Once that's done and you have a fresh Tekkit server, shut it down. Then move your old world onto the new server and restart. You should be good to go, in theory at least. That's how I fixed my problem anyway.

Well i have all the 1.1.8 files i downloaded from the website and i launched the launch.bat file and it loads then says pause and says it cant download the files for FML. I'm going to assume its saying that because the servers are down? Anyway il wait a and retry that solution and upload all my files once i do that again. Thanks for the help so far :)

OK So i downloaded the update files from the website (1.1.8). Launched the .bat file and it downlaoded all the files and what not. Started it up on my end via LAN to see if it was working and it started up fine and i was able to log on. Logged onto Filezilla and uploaded the files to my server host (digthemine) and uploaded everyting and made sure it was loading the Tekkit.jar file. Starts up and the ram just stays at 30% and i cant log in :( says Cannot reach server