Lag when Recording/Streaming :/

Mamokin

Hey all, I am wondering how I can go about fixing the lag spike I experience when I am recording or livestreaming Hexxit.

I record/stream with Xsplit and before you say to: No, I will not switch my recording/streaming software.

I run:

i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3602 MHz 16 GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce 660Ti Dual Monitor BenQ 24"

I am thinking I will need to upgrade my PC, I have heard that the GEFORCE 690 SLI would be a better route to go as that would be a quad core setup? Is this true? Is there a better graphc card setup I should aim for?

Make suggestions with no budget in mind please! Graphics cards aren't cheap so anyone with a low budget shouldnt really be looking to upgrade until they have a higher budget they can work with.

Run it with 2GB of RAM, and increased permgen size. Java has problems with large amounts of RAM allocated to it.

Use the command line option -Xincgc. Enables incremental garbage collection, forces Java to dynamically manage it's memory usage instead of waiting until it is full and dumping all at once.

Record to an SSD. This will improve performance more than a new CPU or graphics card.

Unfortunately, the only advice I can give you besides this is use a different recorder.

Run it with 2GB of RAM, and increased permgen size. Java has problems with large amounts of RAM allocated to it.

Use the command line option -Xincgc. Enables incremental garbage collection, forces Java to dynamically manage it's memory usage instead of waiting until it is full and dumping all at once.

Record to an SSD. This will improve performance more than a new CPU or graphics card.

Unfortunately, the only advice I can give you besides this is use a different recorder.

hmm thanks man, I will experiment a bit with obs but I truly despise it lol Hexxit lags a bit either way even without streaming so anything helps

hmm thanks man, I will experiment a bit with obs but I truly despise it lol Hexxit lags a bit either way even without streaming so anything helps

I always have used Fraps and it doesn't have this problem. I could understand you not wanting to pay a lot of money just to record smoothly though.

I always have used Fraps and it doesn't have this problem. I could understand you not wanting to pay a lot of money just to record smoothly though.

Well I pay for xsplit but only because it has a simple interface and it was easy to pick up and go with. I didnt feel like messing around to much with obs at the time and fraps' file sizes tend to be a bit huge too