Need help with Tekkit 1.1.10

Babyolja1337

Hi all i got this problem that i need help with and i hope i can get some good answers.

I want to start a tekkit server for me and my friends, mainly to explore "space" but also other things that we can do in tekkit.

While looking at a youtube video i played tekkit 1.1.10 on singleplayer and realized that "airfan" does not exist on my version of (i think) "Galacticraft", and i got the 1.5.2 version, so what i understand i need to use 1.6.4 version of minecraft and galacticraft to be able to "go to space".

So now to my questions

How do i update my "tekkit-minecraft" version to 1.6.4? a tutorial on this would be very helpful.

Is there anything else i need to update or do to make this work?

I appreciate your answers and your help. Thanks in advance!

updating Tekkit so it will work with 1.6.4 is a monumental task (which is why it hasn't been done yet); eventually those that work behind the scenes will get to it, but there's no timeline on when to expect it. So the only two options I have to suggest are:

(1) wait for Tekkit to eventually catch up with 1.6.4 (unknown time frame), or

(2) create a Galacticraft-only server based off of vanilla 1.6.4

You can go to space in Tekkit 1.1.10.

The name of the block or item you are looking for probably changed in the 1.6 update, but I guarantee its possible.

yep, good point; guess I didn't read his post closely enough. I was too focused on his desire to use the newest Galacticraft.