Technic Launcher continually moves away from mouse

TN_Dast

Question

Launcher Version: 325

Operating System: Windows 7 Premium Home 64-Bit SP 1

Java Version: Java 7 Update 45 (64-Bit)

Antivirus Program: ESET NOD 32 Antivirus

Description of Problem:

Whenever I attempt to mouse over the launcher, it continually moves away from the mouse, always moving towards the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft, Technic Launcher and Java, have tried running Technic Launcher in Compatibility Modes and have tried running Launcher with and without Admin rights to no avail.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

N/A

12 answers to this question

In all seriousness, can you take a video of this happening. To be honest, I don't believe you.

Honestly, I wouldn't believe me either, it sounds ridiculous. Here is your video:

(it gets a little glitchy towards the end as it goes on to my second screen and fraps throws a hissyfit)

Well. Thats new. Let me get the "What in the fuck is this wizardy" aside, and get some basics ironed out. Is it Java Dev Kit (JDK) or Java Runtime Environment (JRE) You've got installed? Because I've seen JDK break in some frankly silly ways. Does disabling your antivirus work? Using tab, to select the fields to log in, does the issue persist after logging in?

Because windows keeps reassigning the "Home" Position of the launcher window to the mouse location. Which I've seen only once before, and not on these forums.

I originally had JDK installed and had the same results, then I installed JRE when I went around uninstalling and reinstalling everything and had the same results. The issue does persist after logging in, And then I can't actually tab through to launch after logging in because the cursor kind of gets stuck in the change log, can't tab past it so I've not been able to use the launcher for anything since downloading.

Edit: I'll be damned, disabling my antivirus seemed to do the trick. What the hell Nod32, y u do this?

If anyone else experiences this issue, from what I can tell you only need to disable the Antivirus before launching, once the launcher is up and running you can reenable your antivirus without your shit moving around everywhere

Thanks for the help, Chefsbrian!

I had, this problem and my normal MC launcher was also not working. I fixed this by either updating Java (Downloading and reinstalling) or use ninja skills and try to move my mouse faster than the launcher can move, and click so then the mouse was stuck to a new part of the launcher, and then I pressed the middle mouse buttom and clicked random buttons on the mouse, BOTH OF THESE THINGS were happening at the same time when it fixed, So I don't know which, Probably updating java if I used my common sense, but I like to think I have ninja skills :)

http://www.java.com/en/

I used the download on the main page.

Hrmm.... I recommend contacting your local seer.

In the realm of the plausible, however, there must be a connection here. Now, what does antivirus do that other programs could?

Assume screen priority, access otherwise restricted files, affect firewall performance.

Well its certainly not likely to be file access issues, nor your firewall. So what else on a computer can affect screen priority... You wouldn't happen to have any programs along the like of the desktop utilities that, say, Stardock makes, would you?