Custom Mod Pack Error in opening zip file

Dark_Arcana

Hello everyone. I'm putting together a custom mod pack for a small server. I have the pack set up with two folders (bin and mods). I was going to let config generate client side. I have all of my mods in the mod folder and they are all tested on the client and work fine together. In the bin folder I have the forge universal renamed as modpack.jar which is what several guides told me to do. I tried doing it several other ways first.

This pack is zipped with best compression level and then I uploaded it to my dropbox. I linked the dropbox to the technic modpack setup and then took that modpack link and put it into the launcher. However, when I try to launch the modpack, I get an error that says: Error in opening zip file, consult mod pack author.

6pxj.png

Here are two more pictures showing the directory of my modpack:

xfsd.png

ayc8.png

I'm sure I just missed something really simple and I'm hoping someone on here can figure it out and tell me what I can do to fix it. So thanks in advance :D.

Oh yeah. Haha sure.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back.

http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/digital-creep

ok, before I even try just one question:

why do you have to set to be forced to not be installed into .technic?

{edit} by looking at the manual download, I see 2 major errors with the pack:

1: I see mods that have conflicting IDs, so you need to edit their configs.

2: I see 1.5.1, 1.5.2, 1.6.2 and 1.6.4 mods in the mods folder, and that right there is the major cause of a broken modpack.

They are all 1.6.4. The version numbers may be the mod versions. This runs just fine in client offline. It's been tested on a server. It just conflicts with the technic launcher. However, I don't know much about the conflicting ID's. How would I go about editing those?

most mods have a file called a "config". most of the time, they are located in (MINECRAFT INSTALL)/config.

and can you please tell me why you have to set to not alow you to install your pack in .technic when using the platform URL?

Alright. I found two mods that do it automatically on startup for server and client.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1928632-164smpforge-idfix-and-idfix-minus-mods-for-resolving-id-conflicts/

If I resolve the ID conflicts, have everything at 1.6.4, have everything properly organized, the download link works, and the updated pack works in client and server, what could cause it to not work in the technic launcher specifically?

Alright. I found two mods that do it automatically on startup for server and client.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1928632-164smpforge-idfix-and-idfix-minus-mods-for-resolving-id-conflicts/

If I resolve the ID conflicts, have everything at 1.6.4, have everything properly organized, the download link works, and the updated pack works in client and server, what could cause it to not work in the technic launcher specifically?

some times, Technic herpderps and doesn't work right.

try installing the pack again. it should work.

Ok, so after much work and a few more changes to the pack, it's finished. It works perfectly and we're satisfied that all of the bugs are worked out. It runs well in server and client. However, I still get the same zip error in the technic launcher. I am at a total loss. Here is a dropbox link to the completed pack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzqnmwt1o4wpedg/MCDC%20Beta%201.0.zip

ok, now i see.

you didn't set the download link for the pack to the derect download, you have it set to be for a download were you have to hit "Download", and Technic is too stupid to hit "Download", so you need to set up the derect download.

Ok, I closed the technic launcher and restarted it and it worked. Everything is running perfectly. You have helped me so much the last couple of days. I couldn't have figured it out without your help. I really do appreciate it. Thank you very much :D.

No problem!

Glad to help!